Where did Zep Rank?

Melanie_72

Back in 1998, Kevin Bacon hosted a countdown on VH1 called "100 Greatest Artists of Rock and Roll". I remember the Beatles were #1, The Rolling Stones #2, Jimi Hendrix was #3 and Bob Dylan was 5th. But I don't remember where Zep ranked. I am thinking they were 4th. I am not talking about the "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" in which Carmen Electra hosted, because they were certainly #1 on that list! :D Does anyone remember where Zeppelin ranked on this particular countdown?

Back in 1998, Kevin Bacon hosted a countdown on VH1 called "100 Greatest Artists of Rock and Roll". I remember the Beatles were #1, The Rolling Stones #2, Jimi Hendrix was #3 and Bob Dylan was 5th. But I don't remember where Zep ranked. I am thinking they were 4th. I am not talking about the "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" in which Carmen Electra hosted, because they were certainly #1 on that list! :D Does anyone remember where Zeppelin ranked on this particular countdown?

How's it going "Melanie_72?" I remember this show when in came out in 1998. I'll name the Top 20 All-Time Greatest Artists of Rock n' Roll that were originally on the VH-1 Top 100 list as follows:

(1.) The Beatles

(2.) The Rolling Stones

(3.) Jimi Hendrix

(4.) LED ZEPPELIN

(5.) Bob Dylan

(6.) James Brown

(7.) David Bowie

(8.) Elvis Presley

(9.) The Who

(10.) The Police

(11.) Stevie Wonder

(12.) Ray Charles

(13.) The Beach Boys

(14.) Marvin Gaye

(15.) Eric Clapton

(16.) John Lennon

(17.) Elton John

(18.) Prince

(19.) Pink Floyd

(20.) The Doors

ROCK ON!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The last time the show was done Zeppelin was number 1. That or its greatest hard rock band. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah. That was the 100 greatest artists of hard rock. LZ was #1, followed by black sabbath, jimi Hendrix, ac/dc and metallica.

Archived