Leona Lewis interview

Alice75

Leona is talking about Beijing Olympics Performance and Jimmy.Very interesting!

Leona Lewis is the reality show girl who does have talent. She's the only Brit to debut at No 1 in America and rewrote Led Zeppelin for the Beijing Olympics. Live takes a walk on her stairway to heaven

By Louise Gannon

Last updated at 5:51 PM on 03rd

Curled up on the deep, dark red leather of a private booth in New York’s most sophisticated celebrity haunt, the Russian Tea Room, Leona Lewis is half-whispering, half-giggling her way through a story about several intimate hours she recently spent with David Beckham and rock legend Jimmy Page.

‘We were all tied up and bound with these straps,’ she says in her surprisingly soft, fluttery east London accent.

‘It was about 100 degrees, like a sauna, and it was so dark I couldn’t see David at all. He was somewhere to the side of me. I could just hear and feel Jimmy right next to me. The only air I could feel was his breath on my face. Completely surreal.’

Somehow it’s not the sort of anecdote you would expect to come out of the singer’s perfectly formed Angelina Jolie-esque mouth. The only time she came anywhere near scandal – the breathless revelations of one ex-boyfriend – the story never stood up to scrutiny. (‘He totally lied,’ she says. ‘He pretended we were 16 when we were together. We were 14 and went out for a few weeks. Him saying I was 16 made it easier to make stuff up that didn’t ever, ever happen.’)

Nonetheless, we really are talking about Jimmy Page, David Beckham and bondage. Lewis, adjusting her purple Diane von Furstenberg day dress, which is just low enough, short enough and fitted enough to look simultaneously sedate and sexy, giggles and raises an immaculately plucked eyebrow: ‘You have to do some things for your country,’ she says.

She is of course talking about the Olympics. She and Jimmy Page were flown out to Beijing to perform Led Zeppelin’s rock classic Whole Lotta Love on top of a double-decker bus – flanked by David Beckham – as part of London’s dubious contribution to the handover ceremony.

To enable the surprise ‘reveal’, she, Page and Beckham spent much of their time in a tiny, secret chamber inside the bus, each tied to a pod which then lifted them up to the audience once the ‘bus’ had unfolded into a travelling stage.

‘It looked amazing when I watched it. But I can’t tell you how incredibly uncomfortable it was. We were in there for hours during rehearsals and the actual show itself. It was so hot I was terrified I’d pass out.

'All I could think about was that once I was finally lifted into the air my hair would be a state and all my make-up would have run down my face. Jimmy was the same. And we couldn’t even whisper to David. He was in this separate little pod next to ours.’

Pairing a reality-show diva with a rock legend helped them both: Page gave Lewis instant credibility and she gave him a whole new teenage audience.

‘No one would ever have thought to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn’t a combination you’d normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympics committee I was excited.

'I met Jimmy and he was lovely. I completely knew who he was, because loads of my aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He’d seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me.’

It’s at this point that I get the first glimpse of the core of steel that runs through this girl, infamously dismissed by Louis Walsh as ‘too sweet, too nice, not enough personality’.

Please read continuation here....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/moslive/article...ys-picture.html

Leona is talking about Beijing Olympics Performance and Jimmy.Very interesting!

Leona Lewis is the reality show girl who does have talent. She's the only Brit to debut at No 1 in America and rewrote Led Zeppelin for the Beijing Olympics. Live takes a walk on her stairway to heaven

By Louise Gannon

Last updated at 5:51 PM on 03rd

Curled up on the deep, dark red leather of a private booth in New York’s most sophisticated celebrity haunt, the Russian Tea Room, Leona Lewis is half-whispering, half-giggling her way through a story about several intimate hours she recently spent with David Beckham and rock legend Jimmy Page.

‘We were all tied up and bound with these straps,’ she says in her surprisingly soft, fluttery east London accent.

‘It was about 100 degrees, like a sauna, and it was so dark I couldn’t see David at all. He was somewhere to the side of me. I could just hear and feel Jimmy right next to me. The only air I could feel was his breath on my face. Completely surreal.’

Somehow it’s not the sort of anecdote you would expect to come out of the singer’s perfectly formed Angelina Jolie-esque mouth. The only time she came anywhere near scandal – the breathless revelations of one ex-boyfriend – the story never stood up to scrutiny. (‘He totally lied,’ she says. ‘He pretended we were 16 when we were together. We were 14 and went out for a few weeks. Him saying I was 16 made it easier to make stuff up that didn’t ever, ever happen.’)

Nonetheless, we really are talking about Jimmy Page, David Beckham and bondage. Lewis, adjusting her purple Diane von Furstenberg day dress, which is just low enough, short enough and fitted enough to look simultaneously sedate and sexy, giggles and raises an immaculately plucked eyebrow: ‘You have to do some things for your country,’ she says.

She is of course talking about the Olympics. She and Jimmy Page were flown out to Beijing to perform Led Zeppelin’s rock classic Whole Lotta Love on top of a double-decker bus – flanked by David Beckham – as part of London’s dubious contribution to the handover ceremony.

To enable the surprise ‘reveal’, she, Page and Beckham spent much of their time in a tiny, secret chamber inside the bus, each tied to a pod which then lifted them up to the audience once the ‘bus’ had unfolded into a travelling stage.

‘It looked amazing when I watched it. But I can’t tell you how incredibly uncomfortable it was. We were in there for hours during rehearsals and the actual show itself. It was so hot I was terrified I’d pass out.

'All I could think about was that once I was finally lifted into the air my hair would be a state and all my make-up would have run down my face. Jimmy was the same. And we couldn’t even whisper to David. He was in this separate little pod next to ours.’

Pairing a reality-show diva with a rock legend helped them both: Page gave Lewis instant credibility and she gave him a whole new teenage audience.

‘No one would ever have thought to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn’t a combination you’d normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympics committee I was excited.

'I met Jimmy and he was lovely. I completely knew who he was, because loads of my aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He’d seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me.’

It’s at this point that I get the first glimpse of the core of steel that runs through this girl, infamously dismissed by Louis Walsh as ‘too sweet, too nice, not enough personality’.

Please read continuation here....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/moslive/article...ys-picture.html

I bet there's a few women around the Zep forums who would have liked his breath on their faces :D

Archived