Page and Plant 7/14/98 Mansfield.

pinky

I am downloading P&P 7/14/98 and I know it is in Mansfield, but is it Mansfield, Massachusetts all the information I have found about it is "The Great Woods" and there are alot of woods here in Mass. I just want to know because I especially enjoy hearing Led Zeppelin and it's members at the concerts I would have seen were I not 15. From what I have read this boot has amazing sound, which is not to say that the other Boston shows from Led Zeppelin had bad sound but they were from what I've heard (1/26/69,9/9/70,9/7/71, and 7/20/73) they have 7-8 SQ not bad but not amazing and I have also read this soundboard any truth to this?

It was renamed The Tweeter Center at some point. <_<

All those cool outdoor ampitheatres used to have cool names till the corporations determined their re-names.

Yes pinky, its a great bootleg with immaculate sound quality.

Yeah now it's called The Comcast Center I just Skynyrd there about 2 months ago, indeed a great boot.

Really? That sucks.

It's just like all these remake movies. NONE will ever be as good as the originals but each new generation wants their own stars and names on things.

Great Woods was a great name and place for shows. I saw several there in the early 90s.

That P/P show almost sounds like a legit release it's so clean, assuming you DID get the soundboard. Sure enough, huh?

It'll always be Great Woods to me. That is a terrific fantastic place to see "larger than life" acts. Killer sound. I saw 19 years worth of shows there, including the P/P show you mentioned. The sun set beautifully behind the band, and the crowd was freakin as they do in Brazil...I mean really rockin. Total opposite of the 20,000 Statues of Liberty at the O2.

I have this show as 2 MP3s on my private site. PM me for a link, one and all.

Archived