favourite zeppelin songs and why

daddyrizla

Hi! welcome to the forum. I just think they (led zep) are:

a) brilliant musicians

B) are cool

and c) they can play all sorts of music (acoustic, folk, rock, reggae etc) :D

I second you on all three points. Each is a brilliant musician in his own right. If either one of the four had been missing, then the equation wouldn't have been complete and the magic wouldn't have been quite the same. That's my feeling anyway.

They really were the epitome of cool and the whole mystique that surrounded them was amazing.

I love the variety of musical styles and how they move effortlessly and seamlessly from one to the next. Their music was ever-evolving and always fascinating.

I second you on all three points. Each is a brilliant musician in his own right. If either one of the four had been missing, then the equation wouldn't have been complete and the magic wouldn't have been quite the same. That's my feeling anyway.

They really were the epitome of cool and the whole mystique that surrounded them was amazing.

I love the variety of musical styles and how they move effortlessly and seamlessly from one to the next. Their music was ever-evolving and always fascinating.

They connect with me as no other band ever has or ever will. They are so spiritual..magical with a mystique that can't be measured. Cool doesn't even begin to justify they're presence. Plants voice is haunting. Page is probably the most creative guitarist to ever live. Bonham was the true hammer of the gods. I have never seen a drummer like him. He knew when to push the band and when to just lay back without over powering the rest of the guys. Jonsey is probably the most creative of the bunch. The four together where just phenominal. Never in my lifetime will anything like it come my way again. Live shows were electrifying. A roller coaster ride full of twists and turns. Complete with the slow chug up a steep hill, and the all out exhilirating thrill of topping that hill. My god what a band!

Achilles' Last Stand because of the massive guitar army and the incredible musicianship from the boys!

Yes have to agree but I guess over the years my fave song depends on my mood etc, I find myself really into songs that were further down my playlist years ago are now at the top. There is such a wealth of different styles to their music its hard to get bored with them. Something alot of bands could learn from. The TSRTS makes feel upbeat and happy, WTLB makes me oo la la, IGC makes me sad, ALS makes me feel in awe and hearing Kashmir at the O2 last year makes me speechless :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived