Ledholics Anonymous

imPLANTed

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member. I've been lurking for a while. I guess I thought if I actually joined as a member, my Led Zeppelin addiction would finally be complete, so I was afraid to join. :o Well, I gave in and here I am.

Name's Barb. I'm from US (Wisconsin). I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you.

I've always known about Led growing up. Heard them on the radio all the time. Too young to appreciate them or go to any of their concerts.

However, I was working out at the gym one day in January of this year when I saw the Gone, Gone, Gone video with Robert and Alison Krauss (at 4:45 a.m. mind you). I couldn't believe my eyes. There was Robert on my TV on the treadmill. I actually said out loud, "Oh my word, that's Robert Plant!" And then, "Oh my word, that's Alison Krauss!" And then in my head I said, "Robert Plant is still so hot!" Good thing everyone in the gym at the time had their headphones on.

That was it. I fell in love with the Plant/Krauss Raising Sand CD. It is a thing of musical brilliance and pure magic. This then lead to all things Zeppelin. The first CD I downloaded to my new Ipod was Raising Sand and then pretty much every Led Zeppelin song I can get my hands on. I often ask people if they know why my Ipod is so much heavier than theirs. Because my has to much "Led" in it. :D

This then "Led" to my insatiable quest to know everything I could about all four members. No longer bothered by the taunts of my friends and family and co-workers about my addiction, I bought a single ticket to see Plant/Krauss in St. Louis, MO (372 miles from where I live). Wow! I. HAD. TO. SEE. ROBERT. IN. PERSON. Sad, so sad how the addiction takes over :o .

1) My favorite song of all time is Kashmir. I will not stop until I have a vinyl of Physical Graffiti.

2) I leave my car door open and the radio playing while pumping gas because a Led song happens to be on the radio. However, my Ipod is full of Led and I could just as easily finish getting gas and listen to any song I want.

3) I've now discovered that on my way home from work every night (between 4:30 and 5:15, there are three rock stations in my area and at least one of them will play a Led song, so I flip the radio station channels until I get my "fix".

4) I can't stop watching Jack Black at the end of "School of Rock" because of the part where he pleads to Led to let them use Immigrant Song in the movie.

5) I've already mentioned I've travelled 372 miles to see Robert.

6) My 8-year old son pretty much knows the intro of every song and then declares to me the title while we're in the car.

The list goes on and on. Hopefully I can get help for this addiction. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem and you need help. So here I am. Help me!

:unsure:

Barb

Hi Barb

Yowza! I knew there had to be people out there who got to Zeppelin through Raising Sand (rather than the other way around)! Yet another factor in favor of that fine CD. :D

:welcome2:

But has she played it backwards That's the true test :D

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member. I've been lurking for a while. I guess I thought if I actually joined as a member, my Led Zeppelin addiction would finally be complete, so I was afraid to join. :o Well, I gave in and here I am.

Name's Barb. I'm from US (Wisconsin). I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you.

I've always known about Led growing up. Heard them on the radio all the time. Too young to appreciate them or go to any of their concerts.

However, I was working out at the gym one day in January of this year when I saw the Gone, Gone, Gone video with Robert and Alison Krauss (at 4:45 a.m. mind you). I couldn't believe my eyes. There was Robert on my TV on the treadmill. I actually said out loud, "Oh my word, that's Robert Plant!" And then, "Oh my word, that's Alison Krauss!" And then in my head I said, "Robert Plant is still so hot!" Good thing everyone in the gym at the time had their headphones on.

That was it. I fell in love with the Plant/Krauss Raising Sand CD. It is a thing of musical brilliance and pure magic. This then lead to all things Zeppelin. The first CD I downloaded to my new Ipod was Raising Sand and then pretty much every Led Zeppelin song I can get my hands on. I often ask people if they know why my Ipod is so much heavier than theirs. Because my has to much "Led" in it. :D

This then "Led" to my insatiable quest to know everything I could about all four members. No longer bothered by the taunts of my friends and family and co-workers about my addiction, I bought a single ticket to see Plant/Krauss in St. Louis, MO (372 miles from where I live). Wow! I. HAD. TO. SEE. ROBERT. IN. PERSON. Sad, so sad how the addiction takes over :o .

1) My favorite song of all time is Kashmir. I will not stop until I have a vinyl of Physical Graffiti.

2) I leave my car door open and the radio playing while pumping gas because a Led song happens to be on the radio. However, my Ipod is full of Led and I could just as easily finish getting gas and listen to any song I want.

3) I've now discovered that on my way home from work every night (between 4:30 and 5:15, there are three rock stations in my area and at least one of them will play a Led song, so I flip the radio station channels until I get my "fix".

4) I can't stop watching Jack Black at the end of "School of Rock" because of the part where he pleads to Led to let them use Immigrant Song in the movie.

5) I've already mentioned I've travelled 372 miles to see Robert.

6) My 8-year old son pretty much knows the intro of every song and then declares to me the title while we're in the car.

The list goes on and on. Hopefully I can get help for this addiction. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem and you need help. So here I am. Help me!

:unsure:

Barb

So! What's the "problem" now? :huh:

:D Welcome aboard Barb

Archived