Anyywaayy

Pip

Today is Australia day (I call it 'invasion day')... Any other Aussies do anything for Australia day?

I think it is also India's independence day today... Anyone from India around here?

Hmmm maybe I will bake something...

baking relaxes me...

Ok...

Today is Australia day (I call it 'invasion day')... Any other Aussies do anything for Australia day?

I think it is also India's independence day today... Anyone from India around here?

Hmmm maybe I will bake something...

baking relaxes me...

Ok...

To each their own, anyway if the British hadn't colonised what is now Australia you and I wouldn't enjoy the feedom we have.

You should be thankful you live here and not in other troubled countries.

I celebrate it evey year and today I'm going to a free concert with Mental As Anything.

Happy AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!

To each their own, anyway if the British hadn't colonised what is now Australia you and I wouldn't enjoy the feedom we have.

You should be thankful you live here and not in other troubled countries.

I celebrate it evey year and today I'm going to a free concert with Mental As Anything.

Happy AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!

hehe actually I live on a community in the NT... so you and I probably don't enjoy the same freedoms... yikes! But as you say - each to their own! Actually I probably enjoy different freedoms BECAUSE I live out here (especially in places less effected by colonization) hehe!!

But it isn't really the same out here as it is to other parts of Australia... Especially for Aboriginal people in remote Australia (like the town I live in - I'm not there at the moment I am on holidays in Alice).

but truly I love this country and know almost every inch of it!! that is a lot of inches! hehe

but I believe true patriotism is when you want to make the country you love better for all of its people...

Mental As Anything - are they still kicking ?? hehe sweet!

So if some american like myself was going to tour Australia, of course the first place we would want to hit would be Sydney. Any suggestions? ie, better places to visit?

Alice Springs is the closest place to where I live and around this area there are some fantastic natural exploration to be had!! (though not as close as you think - so you need to hire a car or something) and a lot of cultural information and dream time sites. (we also have that big rock up the road)

But also the north coast of Western Australia is lovely... and in South Australia there is a fantastic bunch of chateaus and wineries in the Clare and Barossa Valleys.

OBVIOUSLY in Qld there is the reef but a less touristy area is central Qld in a place called Yeppoon - if you can get someone to take you out to the islands with some goggles it is sweet! (and less expensive then further north).

and down south all the way along the bottom of Australia is the great ocean road then on the other side of that there is the nullarbor plains - from the road it is completely FLAT but if you drive off toward the ocean there are some of the most amazing cliffs (when I was last there I saw a huge pack of dolphins and it was just fantastic - it was during an eclipse too!)

now there is a hidden treasure on the other side of that (in Western Australia) There is a coast town called Esperance - the town isn't great... but up the road is a place called Cape Le Grand - and in that area is a beach called Lucky Bay - It is honestly the most beautiful beach I have ever seen - have you seen or read 'the beach'? Well this beach is beyond the realm of that beach... the whole area of Cape Le Grand is lovely and not too many tourists either! hheehee

that is just some of the good times !!

Thanks for the info. I love the beach. Would love to go swimming there but then I hear there are alot of great white sharks there. Yikes. I got a nice view of Sydney during the Olympics there. It was spectacular. I think Australia is on my top 3 or 4 places to visit in the world. We had a friend that went there and New Zealand and brought back a ton of photo's. New Zealand looks beautiful also.

Don't worry about the sharks or crocs, it's the snakes you gotta watch out for!

kimberlyfishingtu7.jpg

Archived