Jimmy's beauty obsession

Lalka

I discuss his connection to Paul Reeves in great detail in the Zeppelin mysteries thread,

as well as whom designed some of his stage attire. Jimmy used to frequent a tailor in the Saville Row back in the 70s as he had quite a few nice suits by then. Any clothes

shopping with Bebe Buell was most likely done in New York and L.A. but unlike his

antiquing haunts I haven't got any specifics on this at the moment.

....Steve, thank you for leading me to the mysteries thread and Saville Row, perhaps my own further readings will also shed some light as to where our Stylish Lord obtained his exquisite wardrobe in addition to the above sources.....

Your knowledge and willingness much appreciated.

....Steve, thank you for leading me to the mysteries thread and Saville Row, perhaps my own further readings will also shed some light as to where our Stylish Lord obtained his exquisite wardrobe in addition to the above sources.....

Your knowledge and willingness much appreciated.

There was also Granny Takes a Trip, located at 488 Kings Road just down the street

from the Worlds End Pub and (a few years later) the Swan Song offices in Chelsea.

He almost certainly would have browsed the racks there, if not bought something.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Eric Clapton as well as Patty Boyd mention Granny Takes A Trip in their books. It has been a while since I have read these books and I am too lazy to look it up at the moment. :)

Archived