Jimmy's beauty obsession

Lalka

Does anybody know anything about Jimmy's beauty obsession?

I've read (unfortunately I don't remember where) that Jimmy was extremely hipped on good look,he spent lot of time making his hair (he used to wear curling pins..(?) ) and choosing right and pretty clothes..Maybe you know more..

Music comes first for them, we know, but looks *are* important. As smart as Jimmy is about business, he would have acknowledged that I believe. Would we care about Zeppelin as much if everyone in the band looked like Leslie West of Mountain? No, I don't think so.

EDIT: I stand corrected on Leslie West after googling him - he's lost a ton of weight and doesn't have the 'fro anymore.

"In those days, we traveled in a station wagon on the first or second

tour of America. That's the best way to travel and also you could

communicate. It got a little harder later. We were in San Francisco

looking for the Fillmore. We were down somewhere by Fisherman's Wharf

in the fog in this Oldsmobile cruiser. Me and Bonham fooling around

in the back and Jimmy saying, 'Close the window. My hair, my hair!'

[laughs]

-Robert Plant

He says he likes to think in his younger days he was "quite the dandy". Once Paul Reeves started designing his stage clothes for The Yardbirds there really was no looking back, and the stage clothes he wore in the 70s are truly outrageous! Satin, delicate shoes and of course the dragon suits. Offstage, who can forget how he would wear

his clothing in layers.

lol Jimmy Page's wardrobe is fascinating!

I have had so much fun trying to draw him in his different outfits. I love his outfits. He's had almost as many as Ginger Rogers has had gowns! I've posted some of my ones of him in the drawings thread.

Hi all,

Does anybody know anything about Jimmy's beauty obsession?

I've read (unfortunately I don't remember where) that Jimmy was extremely hipped on good look,he spent lot of time making his hair (he used to wear curling pins..(?) ) and choosing right and pretty clothes..Maybe you know more..

I think this is from HotG book where Lori saw Jimmy getting his curls just right before a show,...... :D

KB

Hi all,

I think this is from HotG book where Lori saw Jimmy getting his curls just right before a show,...... :D

KB

IIRC it was Miss Pamela who saw Jimmy with his curling iron. And he would use her Pantene hair products.

It's funny because at certain periods in zep he was image conscious and other times he looked like he couldn't be bothered, bearded and dressing like a grunge rocker or a hobo. So it varied.

The first pic was Bath, though, where he was dressed like a farmer as the event was taking place in a field in the countryside--a sort of joke.

It's kind of amusing reading in the books how the women who have known Jimmy in the 70's describe him. They almost all say he was PERFECT looking, and had this magnetic aura about him that was irresistable. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the point. We've all seen the pictures, but what it must have been like to see him in person up close. B)

He says he likes to think in his younger days he was "quite the dandy". Once Paul Reeves started designing his stage clothes for The Yardbirds there really was no looking back, and the stage clothes he wore in the 70s are truly outrageous! Satin, delicate shoes and of course the dragon suits. Offstage, who can forget how he would wear

his clothing in layers.

...Steve, Thank you!!! this is very informative about his designer's name.

I am curious as to where he shopped for his off stage wardrobe in 60's/70's, The famous scarves, the green crushed velvet suit, (Catherine James mentions this a lot when she met him) and those hot pink shiny satin pants...I assume someone close to his heart sure is lucky in owning these priceless items...

Bebe Buelle writes that she and Jimmy went shopping, where?...He purchsed expensive shirts...

and I also wonder if Jimmy shopped exclusively...

thank you for any info...

...Steve, Thank you!!! this is very informative about his designer's name.

I am curious as to where he shopped for his off stage wardrobe in 60's/70's, The famous scarves, the green crushed velvet suit, (Catherine James mentions this a lot when she met him) and those hot pink shiny satin pants...I assume someone close to his heart sure is lucky in owning these priceless items...

Bebe Buelle writes that she and Jimmy went shopping, where?...He purchased expensive shirts...

and I also wonder if Jimmy shopped exclusively...

thank you for any info...

I discuss his connection to Paul Reeves in great detail in the Zeppelin mysteries thread,

as well as whom designed some of his stage attire. Jimmy used to frequent a tailor in the Saville Row back in the 70s as he had quite a few nice suits by then. Any clothes

shopping with Bebe Buell was most likely done in New York and L.A. but unlike his

antiquing haunts I haven't got any specifics on this at the moment.

Archived