What did Zep bring to Zep

McSeven

I have a bit of a tricky question. What did the members of Zep bring to thier band? I hear that Page was more of a Rock guitarist and Robert was more of a Blues singer. Whats the difference in your minds.

JPJ and Bonzo, brought the funk and sould ala James Brown/Motown groove.

Any coments?

Mc7

I have a bit of a tricky question. What did the members of Zep bring to thier band? I hear that Page was more of a Rock guitarist and Robert was more of a Blues singer. Whats the difference in your minds.

JPJ and Bonzo, brought the funk and sould ala James Brown/Motown groove.

Any coments?

Mc7

Hi Mc7

Jimmey Page :elvis2: "Guitar"

Brought Rock, Blues, Folk and Indian themes together in Music like no other, either before of since. He brought feeling, excess, extravagance, theatre and he put his very soul in to his guitar playing.

Best Bits. "Dazed and Confused"

John Paul Jones :piano::standup_bass: "The Piano"

"The Piano", Bass, Organ, Mandolin and many more instruments that made him a cornerstone of the group. He wrote many of Jimmy's Guitar Rifts. He had a near perfect relationship with Bonzo's grooves. A musical virtuoso, and enormous talent in his own right. His great knowledge of all music. His Dress sense?

Best Bits. "No Quarter"

John Bonham :drumz: "Bonzo"

His enormous power and ability to follow Jimmys playing, and add to it. His many, many grooves. To play on less but achieve more. Furious drumming while keeping in contact with the song. To now play like Thunder for the Gods.

Best Bits. "Moby Dick"

Robert Plant :boohoo: "Percy"

His unique style of singing and of blending high pitched screams and wails with sweat melodies and deep felt lyrics. His ability too reach out with his voice and touch your heart, to bring tears of joy to your eyes. He is unafraid of failure to reach untouchable notes. A great love of the "Blues" and "English Folk Music". The sexiest male singer ever. The first and truest Rock God.

Best Bits. "Since I've Been Loving You"

Well thats what they do for me.

Regards, Danny

Hi Mc7

Jimmy Page :elvis2: "Guitar"

Brought Rock, Blues, Folk and Indian themes together in Music like no other, either before of since. He brought feeling, excess, extravagance, theatre and he put his very soul in to his guitar playing.

John Paul Jones :piano::standup_bass: "The Piano"

"The Piano", Bass, Organ, Mandolin and many more instruments that made him a cornerstone of the group. He wrote many of Jimmy's Guitar Rifts. He had a near perfect relationship with Bonzo's grooves. A musical virtuoso, and enormous talent in his own right. His great knowledge of all music. His Dress sense?

John Bonham :drumz: "Bonzo"

His enormous power and ability to follow Jimmys playing, and add to it. His many, many grooves. To play on less but achieve more. Furious drumming while keeping in contact with the song. To now play like Thunder for the Gods.

Robert Plant :boohoo: "Percy"

His unique style of singing and of blending high pitched screams and wails with sweat melodies and deep felt lyrics. His ability too reach out with his voice and touch your heart, to bring tears of joy to your eyes. He is unafraid of failure to reach untouchable notes. A great love of the "Blues" and "English Folk Music". The sexiest male singer ever. The first and truest Rock God.

Well thats what they do for me.

Regards, Danny

You took the words right out of my mouth BIGDAN! :gimmefive::bravo:

You took the words right out of my mouth BIGDAN! :gimmefive::bravo:

Well thank you very much Melanie, for your kind words. It didnt take long to compose because it came straight from my heart, tears and all, thanks again.

:beer::friends::air_kiss:

Regards, Danny

To me:

Jimmy and Robert brought the classic duo. They were like Simon & Garfunkel, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger, etc.

John brought the rythem and sneaky notes and riffs you only hear if you listen carfully.

Bonzo brought the power and grrrrrrrrrrrrrr heavy drum sound to the band.

That is all B)

Archived