NHRA Drag Racing

Led Zep Girl

So I love Drag Racing. Ever since my dad used to race (not pro but for fun) I have been hooked ever since. I didn't see a thread about NHRA Drag Racing so I thought I would start one. So the first race was @ Pomona and my fave TF (top fuel) Driver Larry Dixon won. Then Antron brown had a horrible crash while he was in his TF Dragster and apparently some of the debris from his car flew into the spectators section and killed a woman. My heart goes out to her family..

Hi Led Zep Girl,all,

So I love Drag Racing. Ever since my dad used to race (not pro but for fun) I have been hooked ever since. I didn't see a thread about NHRA Drag Racing so I thought I would start one. So the first race was @ Pomona and my fave TF (top fuel) Driver Larry Dixon won. Then Antron brown had a horrible crash while he was in his TF Dragster and apparently some of the debris from his car flew into the spectators section and killed a woman. My heart goes out to her family..

Now your talking! B)

Been a fan since,well never mind,I'm olde,... :P

ESPN 360 does stream NHRA racing events.

What class did your dad race in?

"Does anyone remember 'Big Daddy' Don Garlits ?

Don Garlits

KB

I used to haunt the old Fremont drag strip in the 70's and 80's in California. I've got lots of pics from there. They closed it down and last I heard they didn't do a damned thing with the property. I was at the 'Last Race' in 1989.

I was security at a car show for John Force a while back. B)

I used to haunt the old Fremont drag strip in the 70's and 80's in California. I've got lots of pics from there. They closed it down and last I heard they didn't do a damned thing with the property. I was at the 'Last Race' in 1989.

That's awesome. Well, about the security thing. I hate to see drag strips abandoned, well anything abandoned. It's creepy and so empty. Not a good feelin'.

Hi redrum,all,

Still,I would like to see that. B)

KB

Here's the recap from Pomana....

http://www.nhra.com/video/

Thanks for that link. Last year wasn't good for me. I didn't watch half of the races and I was so behind on who won what. This year I plan to be a bigger fan of the NHRA. I am so glad Larry Dixon won the first race. That's just cool to me! Anyways, thanks again...

That's awesome. Well, about the security thing. I hate to see drag strips abandoned, well anything abandoned. It's creepy and so empty. Not a good feelin'.

Yeah, I don't understand why they did what they did. I'll bet it was most likely noise complaints from all the new homes they built close by (maybe even that idiot MC Hammer). They also wanted to revive the old Half Moon Bay strip but the same thing happened with people upset about the noise possibilities.

Buncha deadbeat party poopers.

<_<

Pretty sad to see all the other strips closed down. But the developers could care less. <_<

Those old front engine dragsters are the coolest looking. But after seeing Don Garlits' rail explode I don't think I'd be wanting to try one. :o

To me there was nothing like two rails taking off from the line just for the unbelievable sound and I never wore ear plugs for that. Of course that could have contributed to my tinittus. :lol:

Hi redrum,all,

Pretty sad to see all the other strips closed down. But the developers could care less. <_<

Those old front engine dragsters are the coolest looking. But after seeing Don Garlits' rail explode I don't think I'd be wanting to try one. :o

To me there was nothing like two rails taking off from the line just for the unbelievable sound and I never wore ear plugs for that. Of course that could have contributed to my tinittus. :lol:

Thus him pioneering mid-engine dragsters,excuse me Top Fuel dragsters.

Well,if you drag racing fans ever come out this way:

New England Dragway

:D

My friend Sully and his dad race in Pro Street,fooking 630+horsepower Chevy!Yeah baby! :P

KB

Hi redrum,all,

Thus him pioneering mid-engine dragsters,excuse me Top Fuel dragsters.

Well,if you drag racing fans ever come out this way:

New England Dragway

:D

My friend Sully and his dad race in Pro Street,fooking 630+horsepower Chevy!Yeah baby! :P

KB

Oh hell yeah! I was born with Chevy/Drag Racing in my blood. I remember my dad starting his '56 Chevy Bel-Air and the whole house sounded like it was going to cave in! It's pure awesomeness!! I totally give credit to the guys and girls who race. I don't think I could handle the G-Force like they do.

I usually go to Mo-Kan or Tulsa Raceway Park. I prefer Mo-Kan b/c you can go to the pits and talk to the car owners. Major plus!

Been a long while since I went to a race in Rockingham NC. There are a few local tracks around here, Piedmont, North Wilksboro and some other's.

From Rockingham

From the "Big Dog Race" at Piedmont (if you got a subwoofer you can feel the car's)

From North Wilkesboro Dragway (1991)

Now this is what I call S.P.O.R.T. with capital letters:):). Ever since my dad took me to my first demolition derby in Sydney, Australia, I got hooked to drag racing.....NHRA top fuel ...whatever....as long as they BURNED the strip, I was HAPPY!!!!!

First of all RIP to Scott Kalitta:(:(

thscottkalittanhrafunnt.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I love the smell of Alcohol (fuel they use for dragsters etc) and VHT (Stuff they put on the track to make traction) I would so wear that if it was perfume!!! :lol: Now I thought I would post some eye candy for you and for me..B)

This is my favorite driver's TF Dragster. Mr. Larry Dixon

084.jpg

Now some PRO-MODS!!!

JC.jpg

DSA_8229.jpg

And my dream car, a 66-67 (I need to ask my dad) Chevy Nova

bruceboland.jpg

Oh yah, I love cars that are BLOWN. I think that is the only way to race. I am against nitrous. :thumbdown:

And my favorite exhibition car.............the COOL BUS!

That my friend is a blown bus. :thumbsup:

Archived