Robert Plant presents Sensational Shape Shifters,Melbourne April 3rd 2013.

Ross62

I saw Robert and The Sensational Shape Shifters in Melbourne on Wednesday night.

WOW,what a first time experience for seeing Robert Plant!

Quite a few Zep songs were performed along with Spoonful,Tin Pan Valley,The Enchanter and Another Tribe.Robert was his usual engaging self with a couple of humorous quips thrown in about Australia's convict heritage which got the crowd laughing.There was a real atmosphere in the arena with very few empty seats,and as I looked around everyone was rocking away and all songs were greeted well.Although Robert remarked on it and I noticed too that it took the crowd a little time to warm up.

The band,who are -

Robert Plant - vocals, harmonica;

Juldeh Camara - ritti (one-stringed African violin), kologo (African banjo), talking drum, vocals;

Justin Adams - guitar, bendir, vocals;

John Baggott - keyboards;

Liam "Skin" Tyson - guitar, vocals;

Dave Smith - drums and percussion;

Billy Fuller - bass guitar, vocals

- were in top form and performed like the pro's they are,giving RP an excellent platform and backing in which to showcase his talents.

The sound was very good and was nice and clear up where I was sitting.The crowd consisted of people ranging from what I'd call elderly,there's no slight in that term either as those people had the broadest grins plastered on their faces before and after the show,to as young as my friends son who is 12.He's already a Zeppelin fan,now he's also a Robert fan.

If you get a chance,Zep friends,catch this show.It's special.

Thanks for the clip,his voice sounds really good...I think back to the 70's and try to compare him to now,he looks the same but then he doesn't but he still has the same hand gestures and stuff,he was such a rock God,wonder what he thinks about those times,he just seems so gracious and nice and he was on the top of the world for so many years

I saw Robert and The Sensational Shape Shifters in Melbourne on Wednesday night.
WOW,what a first time experience for seeing Robert Plant!
Quite a few Zep songs were performed along with Spoonful,Tin Pan Valley,The Enchanter and Another Tribe.Robert was his usual engaging self with a couple of humorous quips thrown in about Australia's convict heritage which got the crowd laughing.There was a real atmosphere in the arena with very few empty seats,and as I looked around everyone was rocking away and all songs were greeted well.Although Robert remarked on it and I noticed too that it took the crowd a little time to warm up.

The band,who are -

Robert Plant - vocals, harmonica;
Juldeh Camara - ritti (one-stringed African violin), kologo (African banjo), talking drum, vocals;
Justin Adams - guitar, bendir, vocals;
John Baggott - keyboards;
Liam "Skin" Tyson - guitar, vocals;
Dave Smith - drums and percussion;
Billy Fuller - bass guitar, vocals

- were in top form and performed like the pro's they are,giving RP an excellent platform and backing in which to showcase his talents.

The sound was very good and was nice and clear up where I was sitting.The crowd consisted of people ranging from what I'd call elderly,there's no slight in that term either as those people had the broadest grins plastered on their faces before and after the show,to as young as my friends son who is 12.He's already a Zeppelin fan,now he's also a Robert fan.

If you get a chance,Zep friends,catch this show.It's special.

I also saw the Melbourne show as well as the Launceston show. Both with. The same set list.

However the Launceston show the crowd in the front several rows stood up which created a better atmosphere.

I was in front row for both shows. Robert commented on how god the Launceston crowd was & i think hd performed better as a result.

The Melbourne show the crowd just sat and less atmosphere & Robert even commented the crowd aren't getting the (non Zep) songs.

Robert definitely still has it. At the end of the Melbourne show, he said "see ya again, I think.

Wow, I hope so.

That should be Sensational Space Shifters.I think everyone,including me is used to hearing the word (s) "Shape-shifter".

http://www.robertplant.com/news/rp-presents-sensational-space-shifters-web-promo-video/

No probs.

His voice is still very good.

That seems to be the mistake many people are making by comparing the Robert of then to the Robert of now.And I'd wager he's still on top of the world most days.

At the end of the Melbourne show, he said "see ya again, I think.

Wow, I hope so.

I do too.

Typically Robert,leaving us with a tongue-in-cheek,maybe or maybe not statement.

He has to know that his Zepplin songs are what most people would love to hear

I also saw the Melbourne show as well as the Launceston show. Both with. The same set list.
However the Launceston show the crowd in the front several rows stood up which created a better atmosphere.
I was in front row for both shows. Robert commented on how god the Launceston crowd was & i think hd performed better as a result.
The Melbourne show the crowd just sat and less atmosphere & Robert even commented the crowd aren't getting the (non Zep) songs.
Robert definitely still has it. At the end of the Melbourne show, he said "see ya again, I think.
Wow, I hope so.

That sounds really good,but I will always miss the 70's Robert,in looks and songs,I guess we all have to get old,I know I have!!!

Thanks TBL for the heads up on this clip.

The announcer really got the crowd going! :bravo:

Thanks TBL for the heads up on this clip.

The announcer really got the crowd going! :bravo:

That sounds really good,but I will always miss the 70's Robert,in looks and songs,I guess we all have to get old,I know I have!!!

Yes,but the trick is in growing old gracefully or disgracefully. ;)

Me,I choose the latter.

I KNOW it is not and I am not talking about Patty,I am talking about Robert and the 2013 tour he just finished

I don't understand your reply?

But whatever you're doing this is not the thread for Robert & Patty duets.

I KNOW it is not and I am not talking about Patty,I am talking about Robert and the 2013 tour he just finished

OK then,what you should do is go and start your own thread for whatever it is that you're doing instead of posting your confused gibberish in this thread.

I can't be more clear than that,surely.

This is a thread about Robert , his tour and that is what I am talking about so go play with yourself

OK then,what you should do is go and start your own thread for whatever it is that you're doing instead of posting your confused gibberish in this thread.

I can't be more clear than that,surely.

This is a thread about Robert , his tour and that is what I am talking about

There should be no need to remind you but since you're hard of understanding I'll explain again.You posted a clip of Robert and Patty,I asked that you didn't do that as this thread was about my experience at his show.That still leaves the thread open for other's to contribute about Robert and The SSS but as stated Patty doesn't feature here,are you starting to get the picture now?

By your posts around this site you've shown that you're,at the very least not even close as to finding out what's going on and at the most,confused as hell.And now you're coming on with some childish,shitty little attitude as evidenced by your quoted post below which I'll not bother to reply to.

You're a tripper and not even a good one at that.You don't belong here and I can't see the rest of your stay being an enjoyable one.

so go play with yourself

I did not post that pic of Robert and Patty,someone else must have and I maybe replied to it

quote name="Ross62" post="684345" timestamp="1366321858"]

There should be no need to remind you but since you're hard of understanding I'll explain again.You posted a clip of Robert and Patty,I asked that you didn't do that as this thread was about my experience at his show.That still leaves the thread open for other's to contribute about Robert and The SSS but as stated Patty doesn't feature here,are you starting to get the picture now?

By your posts around this site you've shown that you're,at the very least not even close as to finding out what's going on and at the most,confused as hell.And now you're coming on with some childish,shitty little attitude as evidenced by your quoted post below which I'll not bother to reply to.

You're a tripper and not even a good one at that.You don't belong here and I can't see the rest of your stay being an enjoyable one.

he has 3 dates down for this summer,I checked into it and all the VIP seats are taken plus they are far from me,hope he does more and gets closer

I wonder what he is going to do from now till July,I could invite him over!!!

UPDATED WITH CURRENT RELEASED TOUR DATES:

Current released tour dates: (Two New Dates)

Sensational Space Shifters - High Sierra Festival - Quincy, CA (US) - July 4th

Sensational Space Shifters - JamBase Festival - George, WA (US) - July 6th - Gorge Amphitheatre

Sensational Space Shifters -Waterfront Blues Festival - Portland, OR (US) - July 7th

Sensational Space Shifters - Live In the Garden - Memphis, TN (US) - July 13

Sensational Space Shifters - Forecastle Festival - Louisville, KY (US) - July 14

• 3 weeks later...

I have tickets to see Robert here in New Orleans at the Mahalia Jackson Hall in July. Can't remember the exact day; tickets are at home and I am not. Anyway, thanks for posting the vids. He sounds wonderful and looks so happy. I can't wait to see my lifetime idol perform. BTW, the good seats sold out in less than an hour. Zeppelin was very, very big here in New Orleans - the blues connection and all that.

July 17, 2013. The tickets that are left - to the right and left of the stage are going for $568.00 and up. Wow. I thought my ticket was expensive at $120.00. Robert also has many dates in June all over the country. From the vids, the band sounds fantastic and really rock out. Can't wait for this show. Robert will have a very receptive crowd here in the Big Easy!!

Archived