Jimmy Page's Old Mill House (1990)

SteveAJones

10 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Nothing wrong with these pants, he wore them (or similar) at the fantastic Montreux show in 1970. The pants he had for the Munich show one day later were excellent, too.

But maybe you like his Dragon suits better? Or what about his tasteful 1980 outfits, they were beyond words.........

To each his own.

1970-03-08-munch-uh1.jpg

1970-03-07-montreux_alg10.jpg

I wasn't referring to Jim's pants, I was thinking about what I and my friends wore in the day. As for stage clothes (dragon suit, womens blouses etc) I'm not a fan, Levi's forever.

7 hours ago, JTM said:

I wasn't referring to Jim's pants, I was thinking about what I and my friends wore in the day. As for stage clothes (dragon suit, womens blouses etc) I'm not a fan, Levi's forever.

Have to agree with you on this, I preferred their stage look 68-72' era. The wizard suits and later dragon suits of 73'-77' Jimmy wore were not my thing and don't get me started on Robert's ridiculous blouses. Prince could pull that shit off because he was a very small man and it just worked for him. Robert was a goddamned giant at 6'1" insofar as musicians were concerned and singers especially so to me he looked silly. I liked what they wore during the last Oakland gig in 77' and a few other shows in 77'. The black blouse like shirt he wore during the NY dates looked good as it looked more like an untucked black dress shirt than a blouse. The clothes on the Euro 80' tour were ok as well. 

I remember watching TSRTS for the first time and thought WTF was Robert wearing? He looks like a Poof! For me THAT blouse was the worst thing I ever saw him wear and of course that was the one caught on film. Meh, to each their own.

• 2 months later...