Has anyone seen Johnny Winter live recently?

Detigers09

I just found out the one and only J.W. is playing at a club near me on his American tour this summer...but it happens to be an acoustic club. If anyone has seen him, what does he sound like now? I know he has gotten away from doing straight rock and roll, and moved towards the blues, but I had hoped he would still at least plug in.

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely be up for a night of "Dallas" and "Broke Down Engine," but to hear some of his electric blues, to me, would make it a better show.

Saw him about 11 months ago, it was easily among the best shows I've ever seen. He sit down when he plays but he kills it. Don't miss it, Johnny has direct ties to guy like Muddy and is one of the few left who do. You won't be disappointed, I'm guessing it will be more like life changing cool.

Saw him about 11 months ago, it was easily among the best shows I've ever seen. He sit down when he plays but he kills it. Don't miss it, Johnny has direct ties to guy like Muddy and is one of the few left who do. You won't be disappointed, I'm guessing it will be more like life changing cool.

Good to hear, I'm really excited now. So from what you're saying, I'm guessing he does play some electric...not all acoustic. Should be interesting to see what happens...

• 3 months later...

I saw him 3 weeks ago, he is very frail physically and looks like a much older man when he walks onto the stage. He is seated throughout the show these days.

His growl has lessened but it comes through at times.

But oh he can still play the guitar B) R&R and the blues still going strong, a very tight band too who have been with him for some time now.

He is still very much worth seeing but don't expect the JW of 30 or even 20 years ago.

I saw him 3 weeks ago, he is very frail physically and looks like a much older man when he walks onto the stage. He is seated throughout the show these days.

His growl has lessened but it comes through at times.

But oh he can still play the guitar B) R&R and the blues still going strong, a very tight band too who have been with him for some time now.

He is still very much worth seeing but don't expect the JW of 30 or even 20 years ago.

I saw him in the mid seventies. The light show with Frankenstein was something to remember.

Archived