Robert Plants voice

SickTangerine

Hey, I am sure this has been answered MANY times, but I was just wondering, how come Plants voice is higher on early albums but on later albums like ITTOD it's much gruffer and dark sort of?

I heard something about a surgery on his vocal chords but I just wanted to make sure

-ST

Hey, I am sure this has been answered MANY times, but I was just wondering, how come Plants voice is higher on early albums but on later albums like ITTOD it's much gruffer and dark sort of?

I heard something about a surgery on his vocal chords but I just wanted to make sure

-ST

His vocal chords surgery was done about 73/74.

And I think the voice change was not just because of that. That was more about going with the music and the feelings in different songs on different album.

And I think the voice change was not just because of that. That was more about going with the music and the feelings in different songs on different album.

And going from 20 to 32

Agree and I also think he was learning to expand his vocal style.

Archived