Philadelphia, PA February 8, 1975

bigstickbonzo

I put this show on last night for the first time in over a year and gave it a full listen. I must say, its fucking awesome. The tape cuts in Rock and Roll don't last and much of the recorded show from the audience source is in good condition, enough to enjoy the performances. IMTOD and NQ are both stellar and Plant's voice is in good shape. It's a shame the tape sound starts to become distorted during WLL/BD/HB but its still listenable. I know the NYC shows the following week get alot of praise but...

Any fans?

Yes this is a good one, really the first good one of the tour, IMO. Jimmy plays well after healing from his finger injury and Plant sounds pretty good (for that tour). Theres some nice footage sync'd with the audio of this show on youtube for anyone whos interested. I would post the link but Im not sure if its ok.

• Administrators
Yes this is a good one, really the first good one of the tour, IMO. Jimmy plays well after healing from his finger injury and Plant sounds pretty good (for that tour). Theres some nice footage sync'd with the audio of this show on youtube for anyone whos interested. I would post the link but Im not sure if its ok.

http://ledzeppelin.com/video/philadelphia-1975

Yes this is a good one, really the first good one of the tour, IMO. Jimmy plays well after healing from his finger injury and Plant sounds pretty good (for that tour).

Please allow me to agree with you. B)

As far as 'working without a net' the second leg of the tour was quite good. I'd've rather seen Zeppelin on a bad night than any other band in the world on top of their game.

I've said in the past in numerous threads regarding the length of Bonzo's solos that I preferred the shorter versions to the longer. However, this version is spectacular all the way through. He's playing with so much energy and his timpani part is fucking incredible.

Archived