How do you learn your cover songs?

SickTangerine

Just curious! But how do you learn your songs on guitar? I usually turn to tabs, but I often use my ear for parts!

Hi 'SickTangerine'

Keep practicing, every day untill you get to where you wanna be.

I use tabs a lot too, i also will ask absolutly anyone for help when i cant figure out a passage, chord sequence, solo, or arpeggio, in music were all "Friends"

"So anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you,

Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew."

Always remember that.

Regards, Danny

PS, If you want any help, just ask, someone on here will be there for you too.

The internet is a good place to look for TAB (I don't use TAB) or sheet music. I've got chord books and some other books to.

I can some times pick up on tones by ear to, and there are some bands that like to use the same progressions for most of there stuff, so that helps.

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell it like that because I like it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sick Tangerine! I usually use chord frames instead of tabs...old school. More fluent reading for me. Also, like you, I use my ears a lot. It's fun to figure out the descending bass line (for example). Once you've got something like that down pat, it's grreeattt!! ;)

Hello tangerine!!

I'm trying not to use tabs very often...I advice you to keep practicing and learning songs by ear and by sheet music...I know it's boring sometimes but it's the only way to make progress ;)

Althought , there are some good programs for...lazy people (as I am) ...hahaha... like GuitarPro ... where you can learn songs easily... :) ... not a good idea but it's still a solution...

Archived