Could the "Secret" Rehersals have been held at...

No, no, no. They were still uncommitted to how long they would play back then. I don't

get the impression they walked in on day one of rehearsals and said "right, before we

get started lets test the disco ball, the fog effects and the lasers". I would not be at

all surprised if the lighting and what not is kept minimal. As soon as you start layering

all that crap onto a production it can rob the performance of spontaneity. They can't approach this one rigidly, they got to play it tight but loose.

well said steve!!!!! i hope we are all suprised !!!!

The soundcheck will be at 4 in the afternoon in the O2 on sunday the 9th.

Obviously little is known here about putting together a MAJOR concert and how much prep work has to be done.

Sound is only 1 part of many. Sound checks are the LAST thing done before a show like this.

How about queing lighting and SFX? When Jimmy plays a certain riff and wants lights or whatever to fire - how does that happen w/o preperation before hand? His pedals don't control special effects - people do and they have to be timed perfectly.

So, did they do all this in a studio?

Sure, I'm buying the Studio work - that's obvious. What I'm not buying into that they have this major , once in a lifetime show, and they're waiting until the night before to prepare all these items. No way.

The soundcheck will be at 4 in the afternoon in the O2 on sunday the 9th.

Is the VIP rehearsal thing at the same time then at the O2?I'll be outside with a glass between my ear and the dome....

Archived