Could the "Secret" Rehersals have been held at...

Could the secret rehersals have been held at, of all places, the O2?

Think about it? Jimmy had toured the place during some of the concerts he and Robert had attended. He would have been foolish rehersing anywhere else once the decision had been made to play there.

It makes sense - and who would know? The place is sound-proofed, has its own private, secured, entrance, and Zep would be able to do the run-thru of the lighting and special effects also - a Very important facet that people seem to forget. You just can't do that OR the sound the night before, or even a month before.

I bet you it will come out that the rehersals were right under everyone's nose - at the O2!

I was told they were held at Elstree Studios. Doesn't it make more sense to book a small

studio rehearsal space such as that where you know you can control the comings and

goings as opposed to a 20,000 seat venue which entails hundreds of employees, corporate box holders, associates and what not?

I was told they were held at Elstree Studios. Doesn't it make more sense to book a small

studio rehearsal space such as that where you know you can control the comings and

goings as opposed to a 20,000 seat venue which entails hundreds of employees, corporate box holders, associates and what not?

I would think that the studio was a starting place...but, once the O2 came into the picture, some how, some way, they did the serious stuff right there at the O2.

Maybe a midnight run-thru, or at a time when few employees would be around. It just would make sense. You do have a point Steve, but it's too tempting not for it to have been the O2. Hopefully, we'll find out one day.

I would think that the studio was a starting place...but, once the O2 came into the picture, some how, some way, they did the serious stuff right there at the O2.

Maybe a midnight run-thru, or at a time when few employees would be around. It just would make sense. You do have a point Steve, but it's too tempting not for it to have been the O2. Hopefully, we'll find out one day.

Oh, I get it. Your swinging at hornet nests again. It would be too easy to bootleg if

they played the O2. A lot of people are forgetting we may very well see bootleg vids

or photos surface on the net from the VIP rehearsal Sunday night. It will be a spoiler.

Oh, I get it. Your swinging at hornet nests again. It would be too easy to bootleg if

they played the O2. A lot of people are forgetting we may very well see bootleg vids

or photos surface on the net from the VIP rehearsal Sunday night. It will be a spoiler.

Well since I won't be going on Monday, "spoil" away! :D

C'mon guys, gimme a break. Take That are playing the arena three nights this week.

There are other events scheduled for the Indigo. Not to mention the traffic hassles.

It was Elstree Studios or something similar.

Steve, I'm talking way back here. Probably in September/October time frame - if not earlier!

Wasn't it June when they first got together? Well, studio time - yes. But O2 time wasn't recently, it had to be months ago if they did it. I do sound and lighting for clubs, and believe me the earlier the act decides on the package - the better! In Zep's case, I expect them to put on a light, sound and SFX show like no other. So, the providers need a lot of time to do run-thrus, timing, marks, zoning, etc. This is why the O2 crossed my mind as a possibility. The logistics of this show are mind-numbing.

Steve, I'm talking way back here. Probably in September/October time frame - if not earlier!

Wasn't it June when they first got together? Well, studio time - yes. But O2 time wasn't recently, it had to be months ago if they did it. I do sound and lighting for clubs, and believe me the earlier the act decides on the package - the better! In Zep's case, I expect them to put on a light, sound and SFX show like no other. So, the providers need a lot of time to do run-thrus, timing, marks, zoning, etc. This is why the O2 crossed my mind as a possibility. The logistics of this show are mind-numbing.

No, no, no. They were still uncommitted to how long they would play back then. I don't

get the impression they walked in on day one of rehearsals and said "right, before we

get started lets test the disco ball, the fog effects and the lasers". I would not be at

all surprised if the lighting and what not is kept minimal. As soon as you start layering

all that crap onto a production it can rob the performance of spontaneity. They can't approach this one rigidly, they got to play it tight but loose.

No, no, no. They were still uncommitted to how long they would play back then. I don't

get the impression they walked in on day one of rehearsals and said "right, before we

get started lets test the disco ball, the fog effects and the lasers". I would not be at

all surprised if the lighting and what not is kept minimal. As soon as you start layering

all that crap onto a production it can rob the performance of spontaneity. They can't approach this one rigidly, they got to play it tight but loose.

yes, minimalism has its place - even with the big acts. I'd rather it myself. But, even if it is a minimal SFX pkg, every sound and lighting company needs time to do it right for the customer. If Jimmy does do a Dazed version, he will want something besides a disco ball and fogger!

I saw him do the spinning pyramid laser thing with the laser pointed violin bow and wow! what a crowd pleaser that was - freakin' insane! So, I would expect at least something very cool - maybe minimal - but cool. And that takes time and planning.

This I had not thought about. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

yes, minimalism has its place - even with the big acts. I'd rather it myself. But, even if it is a minimal SFX pkg, every sound and lighting company needs time to do it right for the customer. If Jimmy does do a Dazed version, he will want something besides a disco ball and fogger!

I saw him do the spinning pyramid laser thing with the laser pointed violin bow and wow! what a crowd pleaser that was - freakin' insane! So, I would expect at least something very cool - maybe minimal - but cool. And that takes time and planning.

Their intentions to perform are honorable, but everything I'm seeing smacks of woeful unpreparedness and time constraints. The fact that it's being held more than a year afer Ahmet's death, the website crash, the ticket fiasco, the lack of substantial promotion on the part of the principles, the lack of merchandise, the lack of tie-ins with the actual charitable foundation. I know, bitch, bitch, bitch. Honestly, I just want it over with.

Their intentions to perform are honorable, but everything I'm seeing smacks of woeful unpreparedness and time constraints. The fact that it's being held more than a year afer Ahmet's death, the website crash, the ticket fiasco, the lack of substantial promotion on the part of the principles, the lack of merchandise, the lack of tie-ins with the actual charitable foundation. I know, bitch, bitch, bitch. Honestly, I just want it over with.

Points well taken Steve. When you add in the quick release of Mothership (not needed), TSRTS DVD pkgs (poor packaging), and a sliced and diced TSRTS CD - you have a complete rush to what? All this Zep stuff combined with a concert as described above - full of poor planning? What the "f" is going on in the Zep Camps! We don't see them for 27 years as an act and all of the sudden we're flooded with questions and concerns that are needless had there been better thinking on everyone's part. It will all come out in the wash as they say...maybe even by 12/11!

Could the secret rehersals have been held at, of all places, the O2?

Think about it? Jimmy had toured the place during some of the concerts he and Robert had attended. He would have been foolish rehersing anywhere else once the decision had been made to play there.

It makes sense - and who would know? The place is sound-proofed, has its own private, secured, entrance, and Zep would be able to do the run-thru of the lighting and special effects also - a Very important facet that people seem to forget. You just can't do that OR the sound the night before, or even a month before.

I bet you it will come out that the rehersals were right under everyone's nose - at the O2!

who cares where they rehearsed they could have rehearsed in my basement as long as they sound good

Points well taken Steve. When you add in the quick release of Mothership (not needed), TSRTS DVD pkgs (poor packaging), and a sliced and diced TSRTS CD - you have a complete rush to what? All this Zep stuff combined with a concert as described above - full of poor planning? What the "f" is going on in the Zep Camps! We don't see them for 27 years as an act and all of the sudden we're flooded with questions and concerns that are needless had there been better thinking on everyone's part. It will all come out in the wash as they say...maybe even by 12/11!

one off if u not there u missed it

But it was originally planned for the Royal Albert Hall. You're putting more thought on the preparation for this than the organizers. :)

From the way things have gone off up until today, I'd say most of us have! :D

From the way things have gone off up until today, I'd say most of us have! :D

The Led Zep rehearsals have been taking place at Shepperton studios just outside London, this has been confirmed by a number of sources. The speculation is the Dress Rehersal for VIP's will take place there also on Sunday night, but it might be at the O2, howver I would suspect that would impact the load-in/out as Talk that are playing on the 8th, but still possible.

Cheers

Warby

I'd imagine they've had one run thru at the O2(26/11 perhaps?lol)but surely rehearsals would be held elsewhere,somewhere quiet..they weren't up at Cwm Einion anyway,walk my dogs up there quite regularly,didnt see Percy's 4x4(as i often have in the past....if you're reading this Robert,Ive pulled over in the lane many a time to let you pass...put me on the VIP list puhlease!) ).

The Led Zep rehearsals have been taking place at Shepperton studios just outside London, this has been confirmed by a number of sources. The speculation is the Dress Rehersal for VIP's will take place there also on Sunday night, but it might be at the O2, howver I would suspect that would impact the load-in/out as Talk that are playing on the 8th, but still possible.

Cheers

Warby

Wrong!

Does it matter where they have rehearsed?

The British press have known the location for weeks and have been there with their big lenses but have not got any photographs.

The location was in London. I forget the name - but will remember on the 11th.

Archived