McCartney: TRIBUTE/CELEBRATION

ZPN

I would really love to see some heavyweight musicians get together for a bash/tribute concert to McCartney BEFORE he dies (or becomes unable to perform)! So he can be part of it. Why wait until he dies? Especially after being bombarded with all the MJ stuff. MJ's music was loved by many (by only 1 person I know) and he influenced many musicians (no one I listen to, that I'm aware of), but I think his musical talent and legacy are being completely overblown. In contrast, I don't think it's possible to overstate McCartney's musical legacy and talent.

If there was nothing else, McCartney has an extraordinary gift for melody; to me, as much as Beethoven! Then add his lyrics, vocal talent, and an abundance of charm/wit. I haven't followed his solo career lately, but I can't think of anyone alive that has made such a huge contribution to popular music. Even the folks who are my personal favorites, that I listen to all the time, wouldn't come close in that respect.

Whaddya say, Robert; wanna bring your Hohner out of retirement? How about it, Jimmy? Jonesy?

Jamming with Macca, on Oh Darling, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Helter Skelter, Live & Let Die, or I Want You/She's So Heavy (Robert could do John's part on I Want You...oh man, that would be hot :veryhot: ).

Not a bad idea for a tribute to Paul, but would he want this and say the end is near. Seems he's going quite strong judging by the show the other night I saw. Using this just as an excuse to get Zep to reunite isn't a good idea and I'm sure none of them would go for it.

So basically you are saying there should be a Zep reunion as a tribute to Sir Paul?

Well, my main thing is that there should be a tribute/concert/jam session for McCartney, before it's too late. Whether any of the members of Zep would participate (together or seperately) would be up to them. I think it would be fun if they did-they'd sound great on some of those songs!

Archived