Star Wars Concert

Star Wars concert to kick off in October

A concert version of the film Star Wars is set to begin its North American tour in October, organizers announced Thursday.

Star Wars: In Concert will feature a live symphony orchestra, a choir and film clips displayed on a three-storey tall high-definition screen.

The orchestra and choir, under the direction of noted Belgian conductor Dirk Brosse, will perform music from all six of the movie scores composed by John Williams. The music will be synchronized with footage from the films.

"We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images," George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, said in a statement.

"The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams's creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films," he said.

The two to 2½ hour show will be narrated by actor Anthony Daniels, who is best known for his portrayal of robot C-3PO in the Star Wars movies. The show will include original montages created by editors of Lucasfilm, as well as an exhibit that will feature film props and full costumes of Jedi masters Kit Fisto and Plo Koon.

Organizers plan to take the show on the road to Europe and other parts of the world in 2010. The concert has already had its first performance in April in London, England.

The tour begins Oct. 1 at Anaheim, Calif., and is scheduled to play across the U.S. and Canada.

Star Wars concert to kick off in October

A concert version of the film Star Wars is set to begin its North American tour in October, organizers announced Thursday.

Star Wars: In Concert will feature a live symphony orchestra, a choir and film clips displayed on a three-storey tall high-definition screen.

The orchestra and choir, under the direction of noted Belgian conductor Dirk Brosse, will perform music from all six of the movie scores composed by John Williams. The music will be synchronized with footage from the films.

"We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images," George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, said in a statement.

"The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams's creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films," he said.

The two to 2½ hour show will be narrated by actor Anthony Daniels, who is best known for his portrayal of robot C-3PO in the Star Wars movies. The show will include original montages created by editors of Lucasfilm, as well as an exhibit that will feature film props and full costumes of Jedi masters Kit Fisto and Plo Koon.

Organizers plan to take the show on the road to Europe and other parts of the world in 2010. The concert has already had its first performance in April in London, England.

The tour begins Oct. 1 at Anaheim, Calif., and is scheduled to play across the U.S. and Canada.

How's it going "The Pagemeister?" Did you ever hear the Disco version of MUSIC INSPIRED BY STAR WARS AND OTHER GALACTIC FUNK by the band MECO. This album was released in 1977 during the Disco craze. I finally bought the album on CD in 1999. I must admit, the original LONG VERSION of the first track entitled "Star Wars" with the additional sections of the song sounds incredible. The additional sections of the song are entitled as follows:

(1.) Star Wars

(a.) Title Theme

(b.) Imperial Attack

(c.) The Desert & The Robot Auction

(d.) The Princess Appears

(e.) The Land Of The Sand People

(f.) Princess Leia's Theme

(g.) Cantina Band

(h.) The Last Battle

(i.) The Throne Room & End Title

Again, despite the music being Disco along with an orchestra, this music with the addition of the STAR WARS movie special effects, sounds unbelieveable. You have to hear it to believe it. ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
I saw something like that with the music of 'The Lord Of The Rings' a few years back .It was very impressive to hear the music live with a good orchestra....

Me too with The War of the Worlds..all good stuff.

How's it going "The Pagemeister?" Did you ever hear the Disco version of MUSIC INSPIRED BY STAR WARS AND OTHER GALACTIC FUNK by the band MECO. This album was released in 1977 during the Disco craze. I finally bought the album on CD in 1999. I must admit, the original LONG VERSION of the first track entitled "Star Wars" with the additional sections of the song sounds incredible. The additional sections of the song are entitled as follows:

(1.) Star Wars

(a.) Title Theme

(b.) Imperial Attack

(c.) The Desert & The Robot Auction

(d.) The Princess Appears

(e.) The Land Of The Sand People

(f.) Princess Leia's Theme

(g.) Cantina Band

(h.) The Last Battle

(i.) The Throne Room & End Title

Again, despite the music being Disco along with an orchestra, this music with the addition of the STAR WARS movie special effects, sounds unbelieveable. You have to hear it to believe it. ROCK ON!

I had that album! :D

Archived