Cruising the Loop

Bring Them On Back

I always want this to come back coz it looked like so much more fun than sitting around 'twittering' or going to disco clubs. But is it still here, is hooning just a new version of it? (if that's just an aussie slang word, im not sure if everyone else uses it, its burnouts and drag racing between traffic lights) Anyway anyone done this 'cruising the loop.'

I always want this to come back coz it looked like so much more fun than sitting around 'twittering' or going to disco clubs. But is it still here, is hooning just a new version of it? (if that's just an aussie slang word, im not sure if everyone else uses it, its burnouts and drag racing between traffic lights) Anyway anyone done this 'cruising the loop.'

Oh, yes, years ago. Mind you, petrol isn't as cheap as it was then and most of the cars on the road nowadays look the same. Scene was all about cars and girls. I'm looking forward to going to Japan where I will give drifting a try.

I cruise all the time! I don't have a cool ride and I'm not trying to pick anyone up, but I love blasting the radio and going up and down a particular street in my neighborhood. Hehe, it's the weekly one-car cruise.

There is an actual "Cruise Night" in La Mesa, and you can either cruise or park it for the car show, and that's fun to go walk around at and see all the cool cars. They've got old-school music playing and food and stuff...good times. Obviously I can't actually participate with my '03 Honda Civic right now, but just wait 'til I get my grandma's '69 Cougar running - then I'll have an honest-to-god cruising car!

They made it against the law in the city I live in. Apparently they didn't like the fact that all these teenagers were hanging around downtown after dark, so now teens have nothing to do but get into trouble...great job, lawmakers!!

There wasn't much else to do when I was in high school. We'd drive up and down the main street, then go to the video game place and play Pac Man for hours. And then go to Hardees, lol. (This was ~ '81-83'ish).

Archived