Motley Crue

Medhb

Wow! Has anyone read this book? I'm almost done. I was very surprised to see that Ross Halfin contributed a lot to the book. He is quoted a lot. Seems he hung with the band quite a bit and he joined in LOTS of the debauchery. Huh, for some reason I never thought he was the type.

Yeah, it's a hell of a read! All that time in the closet with the gun. Scary shit! What I found most surprizing is how early in Crue's career he was already that deep in the bag! Tommy's description of Nikki at his wedding is tragic and frightening!

Yeah, Ross was in the mix alright! You should hear Def Leppard's tales about him! :beer:

Yeah! I want to read 'The Dirt' next ; )

Right! I couldn't understand because it seemed like the coke is what made him the most crazy yet he continued to do the speedballs when he really only 'needed' the heroin. Very scary stuff. I was impressed by his obvious intelligence and that he did have taste in his decor and stuff. I'm very happy for him that he got clean. He was sooooo lonely and put up such a facade to cover that. And now he's doing great work to keep kids off drugs, good for him!

What book do you suggest I read Ev to hear the other 'Ross tales'? ; )

Wow! Has anyone read this book? I'm almost done. I was very surprised to see that Ross Halfin contributed a lot to the book. He is quoted a lot. Seems he hung with the band quite a bit and he joined in LOTS of the debauchery. Huh, for some reason I never thought he was the type.

How coincidental you should ask. I was leafing through it earlier today, and was just about to make a purchase when I noticed someone had creased the inner cover. No other copies were available in store so I must order it online. It did look interesing and shows Nikki quite human.

Yeah! I want to read 'The Dirt' next ; )

Right! I couldn't understand because it seemed like the coke is what made him the most crazy yet he continued to do the speedballs when he really only 'needed' the heroin. Very scary stuff. I was impressed by his obvious intelligence and that he did have taste in his decor and stuff. I'm very happy for him that he got clean. He was sooooo lonely and put up such a facade to cover that. And now he's doing great work to keep kids off drugs, good for him!

What book do you suggest I read Ev to hear the other 'Ross tales'? ; )

The Dirt's an entertaining read for sure. Not as dark and psychotic as Herion Diaries.

I don't know of any other books that speak so candidly about Ross' exploits. A close friend of mine was persident of the Def Lepp[ard Fan Club back in the day. She used to us he was quite the randy lil bugger! :lol:

What's "pipped"?

How coincidental you should ask. I was leafing through it earlier today, and was just about to make a purchase when I noticed someone had creased the inner cover. No other copies were available in store so I must order it online. It did look interesing and shows Nikki quite human.

Yeah, Amazon. It's a good read and yes, Nikki is shown as more than human. A very vulnerable human actually.

That's exactly how I thought of that book. Some of those scenes he described are really frightening.

Hi Glicine!

Yes! His own security system was his enemy, lol! And he KNEW that he was going to hallucinate yet he still couldn't seem to come to grips with the fact that he WAS while he was!

I wish I had all the money that he spent on just the dope he threw away alone. :o

Archived