Recommend Some Concert Videos

The Rover

If you have thoroghly enjoyed a concert video by any band.... Please recommend it here. It can be from other media besides just DVD, ie VHS or Laserdisc, for example.

I will start with: Gary Moore And The Midnight Blues Band

An Evening Of The Blues (Featuring Albert Collins and Albert King)

Live at Hammersmith Odeon 1990 -- VHS

A phenomenal performance of Gary Moore and two other blues greats, Albert King and Albert Collins. Moore's vocals are better than he is in the studio, and his guitar playing is tip top. It's also great to see legendary bluesmen Alert King and Albert Collins, both of whom had little time left in their lives. The video also comes with interviews, and gives some good insight on how King and Collins felt about each other, Gary Moore, and the blues alltogether. It's one of my all-time favorite performances by any artist, and it's a must have for any blues fan.

The new Pearl Jam DVD, Immagine In Cornice is one of the best concert films I've had the pleasure of seeing in quite some time. R.E.M.'s new Live DVD is also very kick ass as is the new live Jimmy Buffett DVD, Live In Anquilla. Festival Express with the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Buddy Guy, the New Riders of the Purple Sage and others isn't bad at all either.

The new Pearl Jam DVD, Immagine In Cornice is one of the best concert films I've had the pleasure of seeing in quite some time.

Totally agree. :thumbsup:

And i'm enjoying this one too at the moment;

The Johnny Cash Show: The Best of Johnny Cash 1969-1971

I've also been enjoying the special two disc edition of The Kids Are Alright as of late. While I enjoyed Amazing Journey when it was shown on VH1 late, Kids gets the upper hand for actually showing complete songs rather than snippets.

517WDEZZ6HL._AA240_.jpg

Archived