Lack of Official Video

ledrim

Reading back through snippets of info, the band did not come across as happy about Video/sound quality. Now years later nothing seems to have surfaced that would merit a hurry up on their part. At least sound wise.

Yes. Let's play the "what should have been done if the band cared about that type of promotion/recording/historical documentation". Yes. Let's play the "well they did record and film this" banter. So, to try to lay the blame on someone within the band is not the proper way to find out whom made the decisions. The decisions were Jimmy Page's. Led Zeppelin is his band. Peter Grant was a tool in Jimmy's shed of personal/business matters. The band moved at such a fast pace from Christmas day 1968 to the last shows at MSG in 73 which were filmed. Yes, in between there is documentation. It is on the Led Zeppelin DVD. Each memeber of the band did there own private filming, notice the credits to It might Get loud are for the John Bonham family for the footage shot at Headly Grange for recording of Led Zeppelin 4. That is Led Zeppelin. The mystery, power, the hammer of the gods. All there for everyone to suppose the day away

It's the same with Pink Floyd - they were too big and had no need to broadcast concerts on TV, and these are the sort of recordings that have come out on VHS/DVD over the years. Roger Waters has said he regrets not having filmed their 70's tours, but in concert releases were then confined to audio only, apart from the odd cinematic release. Floyd's 'In The Flesh' 77 tour was huge (like Zeppelin's 77 tour) yet moving footage of it is as rare as hen's teeth.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I remember this to! And my band's where just part time! It was enough to just lean my part's much less make any crude recording's.

I do have a lot of my own song's that I recorded on my own converted to Digital (from old cassette 4-track's) but very little from the bands I was in back in the 1980's.

It was still a smashing time,none the less.

Archived