jimmy Page outrider tour 1988

Always love the concert experiences here. Wish more would share those here kike Strider does.

Agreed.

But sadly my concert experiemces have been nowhere near as interesting or exciting as Strider's or ZeppFanForever's (plus I can't match Strider's fantastic writing either), so I would have to pass.

• 2 weeks later...

f2walsh, I also attended the Starplex show in Dallas, Sept. 1988. Great crowd! The band was in top form that night, really. Attached some of my pics from the show below. Will upload my tickets/passes later when I find `em.

What I seem to remember most is Jimmy's constant companions between songs: cig in one hand, Corona beer in the other. Then he'd switch out the beer for another guitar, and grab the cigarette between his teeth before ripping into the next number!B)

I was in the front row, stage left, and unfortunately that was a bit too close. Got some beer-flavored Jimmy drool flung on me a couple times. LOL.

post-17730-0-48618100-1310819872_thumb.j

post-17730-0-09620600-1310829941_thumb.j

post-17730-0-15705400-1310829966_thumb.j

post-17730-0-74369100-1310830003_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

i saw the nassau coliseum show. just got a chance to talk to an old friend, my younger bros friend, who was at the show too, we were all kids, we had taped the show just for private listening not bootlegging, but when -jimmy page brought the bow out for the bow section, this guy says -oh shit, and its on the tape, kind of funny and you had to be there and hear the tape to appreciate it. horrible quality tape btw, havent listened to it in decades.

anyway, as a young fan it was an eclectic show, quite a little adventure, great show. i remember pages-over the hills and far away and -plants, misty mountain hop from those 88 tours, as the first zep songs to get a roar from the crowd. plant had some drawn out songs, with improv music on -in the mood and little by little, whereas page only had his bow solo dazed and confused section... so in a way page was almost by the numbers in a way, almost like the -ahmet show, it really really was cool.

f2walsh, I also attended the Starplex show in Dallas, Sept. 1988. Great crowd! The band was in top form that night, really. Attached some of my pics from the show below. Will upload my tickets/passes later when I find `em.

What I seem to remember most is Jimmy's constant companions between songs: cig in one hand, Corona beer in the other. Then he'd switch out the beer for another guitar, and grab the cigarette between his teeth before ripping into the next number!B)

I was in the front row, stage left, and unfortunately that was a bit too close. Got some beer-flavored Jimmy drool flung on me a couple times. LOL.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

That sounds like a fun way to spend the evening. I bet you were sprayed a bit with his sweat as well. You are so lucky. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived