Not the same old symbol question.

daeja

Hi everybody,

I know Jimmy's symbols have been discussed in detail so I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm very interested in his symbols and did homework to find out about most all of them except one. In the DVD (NY 1973 show) Jimmy is wearing a necklace with a pendant that looks like a swirly symbol of some kind. Does anyone know what it is? I tried to slow motion the video to get a still photo of it but he is moving around too much or the camera angle made it impossible. I hope this hasn't been asked before because I know it is very aggrevating to continually answer the same old questions. I really did try to look it up first before asking but I don't know what it is to be able to look it up. Thanks for any help.

Hi everybody,

I know Jimmy's symbols have been discussed in detail so I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm very interested in his symbols and did homework to find out about most all of them except one. In the DVD (NY 1973 show) Jimmy is wearing a necklace with a pendant that looks like a swirly symbol of some kind. Does anyone know what it is? I tried to slow motion the video to get a still photo of it but he is moving around too much or the camera angle made it impossible. I hope this hasn't been asked before because I know it is very aggrevating to continually answer the same old questions. I really did try to look it up first before asking but I don't know what it is to be able to look it up. Thanks for any help.

Is it this one?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2279/2208385465_158e8c17ef_o.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Jimmy%20Page%201973/metalmark1/JimmyPage.jpg

No, that isn't it. This symbol looks like it is about the size of the stone on that one. I've seen him wear the one in your pics ALOT. I guess that's why I found this one so interesting. I've only seen him wear it on the DVD. You can go to youtube and see it for a brief moment because the camera never stays on him long enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiyGgWt6no Thanks for trying to help me.. :)

led-zeppelin-gallery-600x400.jpg

^

Ok, fine that shows Jimmy wearing his scarab in 1975 (but that is not the same item Jimmy wore at MSG in '73).

If I recall correctly, Jimmy did not wear a scarab onstage prior to 1975.

A New Yorker claimed to have given Robert the lightning bolt necklace in NYC (June 1977) but that's unconfirmed.

the dragon suit throws me, I get mixed up with the flowery one from 73 I have no reference to these pics, so they could be from anywhere

Space suit: 1973.

Black dragon suit: 1975.

White dragon suit with poppies: 1977.

Edited to add: 5:13 of OTHAFA video clip - certainly seems to be a scarab.

Edited by SteveAJones

If someone could provide a better scan of this album you could probably figure it out. I don't have my copy with me.

JimmyPageSonnyBoyWilliamson.jpg

I zoomed in and it looks too big to be the same one. I've been looking thru hundreds of pics from that time period and the only show that has the necklace I'm looking for is the 1973 NY show. I'm so excited, this has turned into a mystery. :)

Edited to add: 5:13 of OTHAFA video clip - certainly seems to be a scarab.

Here is a scan from that time frame. It's a little better than the one I had from Since I've Been Loving You. Thanks Steve.

LedZeppelinOvertheHillsandFarAway_0.jpg

Edited by daeja

Here is a scan from that time frame. It's a little better than the one I had from Since I've Been Loving You. Thanks Steve.

LedZeppelinOvertheHillsandFarAway_0.jpg

You know, I'm glad I returned in self-doubt to this thread because I didn't think Jimmy wore a scarab onstage prior to 1975 and on second thought that appears to be jewelry for one of the twelve signs of the zodiac. Unsure which (hard to tell from the scan) but he's a Capricorn. Regardless,someone really into Astrology can probably figure it out and tie it all together.

Zodiac-PE162-HERINK_8.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

You know, I'm glad I returned in self-doubt to this thread because I didn't think Jimmy wore a scarab onstage prior to 1975 and on second thought that appears to be jewelry for one of the twelve signs of the zodiac. Unsure which (hard to tell from the scan) but he's a Capricorn. Regardless,someone really into Astrology can probably figure it out and tie it all together.

Steve, if you look on p92 of the 'illustrated biography' there is a large pic of the boot you put up

Zodiac-PE162-HERINK_8.jpg

might be the first one in tht pic

i couldnt tell cause of the pic quality. thanks

ill have to get a Leo one now haha.

Hi 'zepps_apprentice'

And dont forget that Capricorn is the sign of the Goat, which is also the sign of the DEVIL, OH MY GAWD!!!!! :lol:

Regards, Danny

• 8 months later...

led-zeppelin-gallery-600x400.jpg

I'm hoping there are some close ups of this necklace of Jimmy's out there. I need one that shows more detail. Are there even any pics like that out there? I have looked but none straight on or close up enough to make out what the shape is. Thanks again for any help.

I'm hoping there are some close ups of this necklace of Jimmy's out there. I need one that shows more detail. Are there even any pics like that out there? I have looked but none straight on or close up enough to make out what the shape is. Thanks again for any help.

Found an awesome huge photo over in the jimmy photo thread that shows it really close up. Does anyone know what kind of stone it is?