Hammer of the Gods

i was reading Hammer of the Gods last night, and has anyone else noticed a little bit a foreshadowing when talking about the Knebworth festivle in 79? Bonzo let his son play the drums to Trampled Underfoot while he watched from the grass (dont know if thats true or not though) but i thought it was pretty weird because 27 years later Jason did join the band for O2. idk just wondered if anyone else noticed that because it was pretty sad actually

Thought I'd put this quote in, from another thread, to facilitate the "HOTG" denouncements.

Just curious about where you read about this from. "Hammer of the Gods", perhaps. I remember reading a couple of sentences about this in "Hammer of the Gods". Whether this really happened and is actually true or not I do not know. The reason I ask is because there seem to be alot of people on this website and forum who will "degrade" you for quoting and even reading and mentioning "Hammer of the Gods". I, however, am not one of those people. I will actually credit that book for getting me more into Led Zeppelin than anything before, obviously excluding the Led Zeppelin studio and bootleg material. And that was more than 25 years ago that I first bought it in hardback copy. I say "FUCK YOU" to the people on this forum who "trash" "Hammer of the Gods". Remember, it is only a book. Whether factually right or wrong, I am sure alot of people learned alot from this book. I know I did. Now, I am ready for any backlash, if some of you may disagree with what I just typed. "Bring It On Home" to me baby...
First book I read too! I enjoyed every Page.

Thought I'd put this quote in, from another thread, to facilitate the "HOTG" denouncements.First book I read too! I enjoyed every Page.

i found the book entertaining as well, but the only thing i really learned from it is how much of a bullshitter Richard Cole is. What i would prefer before it's too late, is for one, or all, of the surviving members to tell us the true story. I don't know why it hasn't happened, but it seems that Jimmy wants to take it to his grave and Robert and JPJ either don't care or don't want to relive it.

i found the book entertaining as well, but the only thing i really learned from it is how much of a bullshitter Richard Cole is. What i would prefer before it's too late, is for one, or all, of the surviving members to tell us the true story. I don't know why it hasn't happened, but it seems that Jimmy wants to take it to his grave and Robert and JPJ either don't care or don't want to relive it.

Car accident, death of his son, death of his best friend, there are quite a few things nobody would like to relive.

So you're absolutely convinced a book by one of the members would reveal all truth? I'd bet some things would still be fudged.

The only problem I have with the book is Stephen Davis's style of writing as I've read other books & articles of his as well. He's part pretentious, part tabloid writer. He should stick to the facts & leave his metaphors of pacts with devil's at crossroads out of it particularly when writing a biography. It's wishful thinking on his part & says more about him than the band(s) he's supposedly writing about. Overly dramatic like a romance novel at a supermarket check out line. I'll take Dave Lewis's writings on Zeppelin over Davis's even though Lewis leaves the controversial bits out of his books & articles. Lewis at least sticks to the facts & doesn't try to embellish on those facts by trying to lead the reader into his world rather than the band's.

Because it's their private life and not something they feel the whole world needs to know about and that for them was a long time ago - they're doing things now in the present they'd probably prefer to focus on IMO.

Because it's their private life and not something they feel the whole world needs to know about and that for them was a long time ago - they're doing things now in the present they'd probably prefer to focus on IMO.

Where did I say anything about their private lives?

The Beatles managed to put together a pretty nifty anthology series and very little focused on intimate details about them, although they had plenty of sordid stuff that could have come out. I just think it would be cool if LZ did something along those lines, so we could hear if from them instead of an interloper. I would think everyone would want this.

Where did I say anything about their private lives?

The Beatles managed to put together a pretty nifty anthology series and very little focused on intimate details about them, although they had plenty of sordid stuff that could have come out. I just think it would be cool if LZ did something along those lines, so we could hear if from them instead of an interloper. I would think everyone would want this.

Apologies - I thought you were referring to a Hammer of the Gods type book from their mouths.

i was reading Hammer of the Gods last night, and has anyone else noticed a little bit a foreshadowing when talking about the Knebworth festivle in 79? Bonzo let his son play the drums to Trampled Underfoot while he watched from the grass (dont know if thats true or not though) but i thought it was pretty weird because 27 years later Jason did join the band for O2.

Within three years Jason was contributing to sessions for Robert Plant's second solo album, 'The Principle of Moments' for 25 quid a day plus snacks and lager. Now that's weird - just how suddenly everything changed for them all.

• 2 years later...