• Approve
    • Average
    • Disapprove
    • Strongly Disapprove

Hi all,

I know it's a poll,so I will comment anyway! :D

Did President Obama ~promise~ to get us out of both these wars? :unsure:

Oh yeah,another lie. :angry:

give it a break. you don't just pack up and leave a war. especially one started on lies.

i'm getting real tired of the anger thing. it's getting old fast and more and more people are starting to agree with me on this. the man was elected, fair and square, by an overwhelming majority of US citizens to lead this country for at least four years. He's not even halfway through his term that has been in the toughest economical times since FDR took office. There are alot of things that need to be done and they're not going to be completed all at once. You'll get your chance in 2012 to vote him back in or out of office. Chances are, the more bitching you do will only make him stronger.

Hi all,dan,

give it a break. you don't just pack up and leave a war. especially one started on lies.

What ever you say,like Vietnam?He is the commander in chief,he could have already done it.

[/i'm getting real tired of the anger thing. it's getting old fast and more and more people are starting to agree with me on this.[

Who are these people,care to explain?

the man was elected, fair and square, by an overwhelming majority of US citizens to lead this country for at least four years. He's not even halfway through his term that has been in the toughest economical times since FDR took office. There are alot of things that need to be done and they're not going to be completed all at once.

So what does he do?Bail out too big to fail wall street fat cats(AIG,GS),buys GM,and now we have health care that your great-great grand children will be paying for.Great!Isn't everything going to be on C-SPAN?Guess not,...

You'll get your chance in 2012 to vote him back in or out of office. Chances are, the more bitching you do will only make him stronger.

Oh no,we get our chance this November,when Congress is up for re-election.

Now is bitching,patriotic? Mmmm,...

KB

lemme tell you this........

and i mean it wholeheartedly as an african american........

barack obama is the greatest black president ever........better than the black guys that have run... france, england, italy, poland , germany, the former USSR, switzerland,ireland,scotland, canada ..............or the netherlands.........and perhaps iceland................(dunno what goers on there so kiss my ash)

of all those black guys

he's the bestcool.gif

The Founding Fathers also thought black people were 3/5 a person. Just because it's what they thought doesn't mean it should be followed today. The Founding Fathers thought a lot of things that are not feasible, appropriate or possible if applied to today's government.

That is one of the weakest, most out-of-context snippets of history that's repeatedly overused and misused by everyone from those who seek to portray Southerners as systemically racist, to those who believe the Constitution is an ever-evolving document that is open to constant re-interpretation, instead of a foundation upon which governance should be based.

It was political maneuvering based on the period, nothing more.

What most people who so frequently use this "fact" fail to mention, is that it was the North/Union States who proposed slaves (black people) should only be counted as 3/5 of a person, because they sought to limit the South's influence in Government, with Representatives being based on population, and the South having such large amounts of slaves.

On the one hand, at least they counted them for something, but on the other hand, what was the point?

Whether they were counted at all, as a fraction, or even as a full person, the slaves had no real representation anyway, so counting them towards population/Representation was purely for the benefit of the states anyway.

That is one of the weakest, most out-of-context snippets of history that's repeatedly overused and misused by everyone from those who seek to portray Southerners as systemically racist, to those who believe the Constitution is an ever-evolving document that is open to constant re-interpretation, instead of a foundation upon which governance should be based.

It was political maneuvering based on the period, nothing more.

What most people who so frequently use this "fact" fail to mention, is that it was the North/Union States who proposed slaves (black people) should only be counted as 3/5 of a person, because they sought to limit the South's influence in Government, with Representatives being based on population, and the South having such large amounts of slaves.

On the one hand, at least they counted them for something, but on the other hand, what was the point?

Whether they were counted at all, as a fraction, or even as a full person, the slaves had no real representation anyway, so counting them towards population/Representation was purely for the benefit of the states anyway.

Here is a great video on the 3/5ths thing. It was made basically to get rid of slavery eventually.

My opinion on Barack. He's doing more good for rich white people than any president ever. The problem with him is that everyone else should hate him because he's doing more damage for those that are middle or lower wages than anyone else ever also.

Archived