Wah Wars

zepps_apprentice

in your personal opinion what is the best wah out there? i am fighting between the VOX V847 and the Dunlop Cry Baby Classic. i dislike the Cry Baby orginal for some reason.....

From just the video alone, I definitely like the Dunlop Cry Baby Classic a lot more. For me, the Vox is too shallow and doesn't have as nice of a wah range as the Dunlop has. The Dunlop certainly has more of a Jimmy sound and vibe than the Vox does.

Just my two cents. :D

From just the video alone, I definitely like the Dunlop Cry Baby Classic a lot more. For me, the Vox is too shallow and doesn't have as nice of a wah range as the Dunlop has. The Dunlop certainly has more of a Jimmy sound and vibe than the Vox does.

Just my two cents. biggrin.gif

that it does. it would depend sometimes i guess....oh well i do believe the Dunlop Crybaby Classic shall be the next pedal I buy :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what wah should i get to get my page tone? crybaby classic? crybaby class w/ fasel innductor?

the true original cry baby wah had a component called the Fassil inductor (no joke). as far as I know this can only be found in the original white/silver cry baby lettering and black background. I've got one. yay!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

been checking out the ibanez wh10v2 lately.... it isnt half bad!! well, let me amend that... its great! it has a boost when on, and the sound is really unique. Frusciante uses, one, thats why i looked it up. it was first made in the 80's.

I don't play electric guitar, but I've always liked the Cry Baby. The Classic anyways. That would be my go-to wah. I haven't heard anybody use the Vox live (that I know of). I'm not sure how much I'd use it if I bought it though because I wouldn't want to go overkill with it. I love songs with good wah work, but for me it's an occasional effect. The wah is awesome, but I'd hate to hear it used excessively by every guitarist.

I've actually been thinking about the wah a lot recently and I was going to make a thread about the best wah songs. I think I'll do that in the Other Bands / Music subforum.

Archived