Alison Krauss

tinman

I heard that she and Robert is suppose to record another record.

I guess it was delayed due to John Waite cheating on her. Word in Nashville is that he was banging some bar chick and Alison suspected it and hired a under cover and caught him red handed right in the act. Poor girl she did not deserve that. Maybe some good songs will be written about the experience.....

Probably like most on this site,I had never heard anything by her until the 'Raising Sand' album.I then saw the film 'Oh Brother,Where Art Thou?' and then I realised that some of the beautiful singing on the soundtrack was also by Alison Krauss.I think that she has the most amazing voice and I'd like to hear more from her.

I guess it was delayed due to John Waite cheating on her. Word in Nashville is that he was banging some bar chick and Alison suspected it and hired a under cover and caught him red handed right in the act. Poor girl she did not deserve that. ...

How sad, She surely deserves better than that! :o

John will have to WAIT a long time, maybe forever, to find another like her! B)

Some work was reportedly done on Raising Sand 2, but due to creative and personal differences, the project was shelved.

I didn't know Alison was with John Waite! Too bad about the break-up. There seems to be a lot of those heart-breakin', relationship-wreckin' mens out there today. Why can't they just behave? Waite is nearly 60 for heaven's sake.

Too bad about the break-up. There seems to be a lot of those heart-breakin', relationship-wreckin' mens out there today. Why can't they just behave? Waite is nearly 60 for heaven's sake.

Maybe it's all just a big bunch of silly rumors ... trying to steal the headlines from Tiger Woods ... ;)

I've loved her music for years and saw her in a video with Bill Monroe when she was first starting and back then they said a girl couldn't sing bluegrass. Pfft!! <_<

There's plenty of country songs out there talking about breakups and D-I-V-O-R-C-E! Just grab a few tunes by Hank Sr. B)

I guess it was delayed due to John Waite cheating on her. Word in Nashville is that he was banging some bar chick and Alison suspected it and hired a under cover and caught him red handed right in the act. Poor girl she did not deserve that. Maybe some good songs will be written about the experience.....

Did they do a remake of Missing You?..it seems to me a saw a video of that tune on CMT...

Juliet

PS There's an infomercial out now with early country artists like Hank Snow, Hank Williams etc. Tammy Wynette is singing that tune D.I.V.O.R.C.E.....those songs are funny!!! Loretta sings Don't Come Home When You've Been Drinkin' if You've Got Lovin' On Your Mind...what a hoot!!!

Some work was reportedly done on Raising Sand 2, but due to creative and personal differences, the project was shelved.

I didn't know Alison was with John Waite! Too bad about the break-up. There seems to be a lot of those heart-breakin', relationship-wreckin' mens out there today. Why can't they just behave? Waite is nearly 60 for heaven's sake.

iS THAT aIMEE mANN in your sig there???!:):)

PS There's an infomercial out now with early country artists like Hank Snow, Hank Williams etc. Tammy Wynette is singing that tune D.I.V.O.R.C.E.....those songs are funny!!! Loretta sings Don't Come Home When You've Been Drinkin' if You've Got Lovin' On Your Mind...what a hoot!!!

I had an old friend that used to play D-I-V-O-R-C-E and he'd cry like a baby. He was really hurtin'. :(

'Tear In My Beer' is another one for the broken hearted.

iS THAT aIMEE mANN in your sig there???!:):)

Yes, isn't she beautiful? Tall drink o' water too, over 5'11".

Anyway! Old country music is awesome, esp. Hank Williams, Sr. - who just won a Pulitzer Prize about a week ago. His songs are still so powerful. Neil Young & Dave Matthews played Hank's "Alone and Forsaken" at the Haiti telethon and it was just devastating.

Hi srw:

Thanks for clarifying the title of the tune Loretta sang in that infomercial..that sounds much more like a hurtin' country song..They sure don't make songs like that anymore...

I wonder if Alison has ever thought of doing a jazz album? I mentioned in another thread that Tony Bennett covered a Hank Williams tune (Cold Cold Heart) and arranged it to his style...

I think Alison would do a very good job with a jazz CD..

Juliet :)

Archived