My Band Plays Zeppelin

We are not a Zeppelin Tribute band. I am in no way attempting to compare myself with Robert Plant, or my guitarist, Arthur, with Jimmy Page. We are just big fans, who play in a bar band. We did a medley of Long Tall Sally and Whole Lotta Love, with elements of the Zeppelin II version and elements of the Song Remains the Same version. I like one as well as the other.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xoh2dR8Iusc

We are not a Zeppelin Tribute band. I am in no way attempting to compare myself with Robert Plant, or my guitarist, Arthur, with Jimmy Page. We are just big fans, who play in a bar band. We did a medley of Long Tall Sally and Whole Lotta Love, with elements of the Zeppelin II version and elements of the Song Remains the Same version. I like one as well as the other.

Very impressive. I can sure see the influence Zep had on the band,especially you and the guitarist. If you do any other Zep feel free to post em as well. Id like to see your version of "achilles" too....

Very impressive. I can sure see the influence Zep had on the band,especially you and the guitarist. If you do any other Zep feel free to post em as well. Id like to see your version of "achilles" too....

Thanks! I sure will, as we get them on tape. Right now, the other Zeppelin songs we do are "Bring it on Home," "Thank You," "The Ocean," and "Dazed and Confused."

I am looking forward to getting "Dazed and Confused" on tape. Arthur gets out his violin bow for that one.

Welcome to the forum. You gentlemen sound great! :thumbsup: We also have other members here who are musically unbelievable.

Check out FlowerStone from Italy.

I also love Randy Jackson's "Music Of Led Zeppelin".

Keep us updated on the added songs and again, welcome!

Welcome to the forum. You gentlemen sound great! :thumbsup: We also have other members here who are musically unbelievable.

Check out FlowerStone from Italy.

I also love Randy Jackson's "Music Of Led Zeppelin".

Keep us updated on the added songs and again, welcome!

I have to point out that the bass player, (and often lead singer,) is a lady.

I give you an "E" for effort but you guy's need to work on your timing some. I can always enjoy a fellow Led Zeppelin lover's taste in music..Keep rocking!!

Nice Martin too by the way...here's one of me and my new Custom D. Sorry it's not a good picture, I have some show's in the next week or two you'll be able to find more photo's when I post them in the "Musician's Corner".

MeandMartinb.jpg

I give you an "E" for effort but you guy's need to work on your timing some. I can always enjoy a fellow Led Zeppelin lover's taste in music..Keep rocking!!

Nice Martin too by the way...here's one of me and my new Custom D. Sorry it's not a good picture, I have some show's in the next week or two you'll be able to find more photo's when I post them in the "Musician's Corner".

MeandMartinb.jpg

Well, I'm not sure what the timing issues are on "Whole Lotta Love," but in the next clip I'm going to share, you can see me looking at the drummer a couple of times, and you can hear why. We have been a band for all of seven months, and as I mentioned, we're just a bar cover band. None of us have dreams of fame, other than our young guitar player, who has as many years in front of him as I have behind me.

Here's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" from Vinnie's last February, with Arthur on vocals, and me on guitar. The camera work is not that great, and some funny things happen on the soundtrack here and there, but the audience really liked it, and I thought I'd go ahead an share, while we're waiting to get some real footage of "Dazed and Confused." (it might be a couple of months until we have that one on tape.) We've decided to end that one by going right into "Communication Breakdown," so it looks like we'll have another ten minute Led Zeppelin segment in the act.

God help us if we get a crowd that doesn't like Zeppelin..

anyway, here's "Babe," or as you probably call it here on this board, "BIGLY?"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fPTITHUHLGQ

Well, I'm not sure what the timing issues are on "Whole Lotta Love," but in the next clip I'm going to share, you can see me looking at the drummer a couple of times, and you can hear why. We have been a band for all of seven months, and as I mentioned, we're just a bar cover band. None of us have dreams of fame, other than our young guitar player, who has as many years in front of him as I have behind me.

Here's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" from Vinnie's last February, with Arthur on vocals, and me on guitar. The camera work is not that great, and some funny things happen on the soundtrack here and there, but the audience really liked it, and I thought I'd go ahead an share, while we're waiting to get some real footage of "Dazed and Confused." (it might be a couple of months until we have that one on tape.) We've decided to end that one by going right into "Communication Breakdown," so it looks like we'll have another ten minute Led Zeppelin segment in the act.

God help us if we get a crowd that doesn't like Zeppelin..

anyway, here's "Babe," or as you probably call it here on this board, "BIGLY?"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fPTITHUHLGQ

Seven month's, that is still fresh I reckon. Keep at it, you'll get the wrinkle's ironed out in time.

So the new thing is this:

SRTS Dazed and Confused, shortened up quite a bit. Intro a few bars shorter; all vocal parts just like that version; shortened jam with guitar and rythymn section call and response; bow section shortened up a bit; guitar and vocal call and response; same vocal section as live; ending similar to studio version STRAIGHT into "Communication Breakdown," down similar to the studio version.

Running time: about 10 minutes total.

I will post when someone gets good video of it, but sometimes this takes a bit. We are trying it the first time in front of an audience May 29th.

My wife plays bass, and she's beginning to despise John Paul Jones. (his bass parts can be hard on the fingers)

:)

• 3 weeks later...

So as not to pollute the forum, I have decided to consolidate all Dirty Lixx related things to this thread. If moderators wish to move it to a better subforum, I won't mind, as long as someone tells me where it should be.

Here is a Lou Reed classic I felt a need to share. It's not very Zeppelinesque:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuq8Rv9qaeU

Archived