BOOK: Led Zeppelin Revealed

I saw this 200pp page book about Led Zeppelin featured at Barnes & Noble the other day. Oddly, the book was displayed at the front of the store, but the book was not stocked in the Music Section of the store. It's 200pp and it does have some Zeppelin related photos that I had not seen before. 30,000 words - 150 illustrations.

The book also revealed the two times that John Bonham's nose was broken by their Road Manager, when Bonzo was way out of line...

And, as you might expect, many of the picutres have been seen before, but perhaps not enlarged to 11x11 inches.

27880442.jpg

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Led-Zeppelin-Revealed/Jason-Draper/e/9781435109131/?itm=2&USRI=led+zeppelin+revealed

I saw this 200pp page book about Led Zeppelin featured at Barnes & Noble the other day. Oddly, the book was displayed at the front of the store, but the book was not stocked in the Music Section of the store. It's 200pp and it does have some Zeppelin related photos that I had not seen before. 30,000 words - 150 illustrations.

The book also revealed the two times that John Bonham's nose was broken by their Road Manager, when Bonzo was way out of line...

And, as you might expect, many of the picutres have been seen before, but perhaps not enlarged to 11x11 inches.

27880442.jpg

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Led-Zeppelin-Revealed/Jason-Draper/e/9781435109131/?itm=2&USRI=led+zeppelin+revealed

The Hubby bought this for me for Mother's Day. We were actually looking for the Neil Preston book and couldn't find it and came across this one at B&N. I just finished the Whole Lotta LZ I got for Christmas so now I can dive into this one. It looks pretty good but then any LZ book would be good :book:

I picked this book up after Christmas at Barnes and Noble for about $14 or so. Alot of the information in the book is stuff the Zep fan would know about but the pictures in the book are cool. I picked it up since I had never seen it and it was 1/2 price.

I've got this, got it for my birthday last year from the olds. It's pretty cool since it's so big, but there was nothing I had never seen in it. Got some awesome picture spreads though...

i got a hardback copy from amazon yesterday, i think i paid £3 for it new. its trump card is its size, so photos look good. however the writing is basic and just a rehash of the same ols stuffand contains several foolish errors

lyrics attributed to page

page has only one child

ITTOD os referred to as a live album

for the money i paid its a bargain and another one to add to the collection, but i definately wouldnt pay full price for it

oh one page mentioned that fool in the rain was released in spain sung in spanish?!?! is that so because i've never heard any mention of this in all my days

i got a hardback copy from amazon yesterday, i think i paid £3 for it new. its trump card is its size, so photos look good. however the writing is basic and just a rehash of the same ols stuffand contains several foolish errors

lyrics attributed to page

page has only one child

ITTOD os referred to as a live album

for the money i paid its a bargain and another one to add to the collection, but i definately wouldnt pay full price for it

oh one page mentioned that fool in the rain was released in spain sung in spanish?!?! is that so because i've never heard any mention of this in all my days

i can answer my own question after a bit of research. it seems that a cover of fool in the rain was released sung in spanish. maybe the writer should have made this clearer

I decided to start this book this weekend for some leisure reading and loved Drapers opening paragraph creativly describing the band's music:

"Hoary blues motifs were pumped up to enormous proportions, clubbed senseless by Bonham's colossal wallop, panicked to distraction by Page's crazed air-raid riffs, pummelled by Jones' slum-demolishing bass-lines, and strangled by Plant's lascivious shrieks of lust."

and for good measure:

"thick, churning streams of molten noise and melodic patterns of tortuous intricacy, vocals clawing up the octaves or crawling piteously, low and moaning."

That discription settles into ones brain and creates a pleasant imagery to dwell on.

Archived