Jimmy Page and Rimowa Team Up for the Logo Case

SteveAJones

• 8 months later...

I will attempt to contact Rimowa for an official update on The Logo Case endorsed by Jimmy Page.

saj,

I got a reply from Rimowa to my last query regarding its progress - I have copied it below. I have also posted this info on my own Rimowa thread because we both did similar threads about the same time. There appears to be no info as to why the project with Jimmy did not go ahead.

Dear Kenog,

Thank you for your kind email.

Unfortunately I have to inform you that the Guitar Cases will not be produced in cooperation with Jimmy Page.

You can find more information on the Rimowa Guitar Cases under www.musicstore.de.

I will kindly ask you to contact them for further details.

Thank you and please let us know if there were any other questions.

Kind regards,

Carolina Cabrera

International Sales

RIMOWA GmbH

saj,

I got a reply from Rimowa to my last query regarding its progress - I have copied it below. I have also posted this info on my own Rimowa thread because we both did similar threads about the same time. There appears to be no info as to why the project with Jimmy did not go ahead.

Dear Kenog,

Thank you for your kind email.

Unfortunately I have to inform you that the Guitar Cases will not be produced in cooperation with Jimmy Page.

You can find more information on the Rimowa Guitar Cases under www.musicstore.de.

I will kindly ask you to contact them for further details.

Thank you and please let us know if there were any other questions.

Kind regards,

Carolina Cabrera

International Sales

RIMOWA GmbH

kenog,

Thank you for following up directly with Rimowa. I find it very interesting the raid of Gibson guitars more or less coincided with a halt to production. Perhaps Rimowa foresaw the potential negative impact changes to environmental law would have upon sales and got out before it was too late?

Put differently, arbitrary confiscation is a new and emerging risk that may cause many working musicians not to travel with irreplaceable guitars.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/gibson-guitars-proves-the-environmental-police-state-that-wants-your-wood-products-and-guns.html

kenog,

Thank you for following up directly with Rimowa. I find it very interesting the raid of Gibson guitars more or less coincided with a halt to production. Perhaps Rimowa foresaw the potential negative impact changes to environmental law would have upon sales and got out before it was too late?

Put differently, arbitrary confiscation is a new and emerging risk that may cause many working musicians not to travel with irreplaceable guitars.

http://www.prisonpla...s-and-guns.html

Yes, good thinking. Miss Melanie also mentions above the relatively reasonable price of the guitar case which musicstore.de is offering. Perhaps if it had gone ahead with Jimmy's endorsement, it would have been more expensive. It seems strange because Rimowa/Jimmy/Halfin had gone as far as doing the photographic work for the adverts.

• 3 weeks later...

Easy there, tiger biggrin.gif

For the record, I do play guitar. Not that that makes any difference, since obviously I know just a tad bit more about Page's playing habits in the past 30 years than you do. Jimmy stopped doing soundchecks in 1975 for the most part, and was jumping directly from a plane to a limo to the stage. Which is why his playing in 75 was so shoddy for the most part. Same goes from 77 onward. He had his tech doing all of his tuning for him with a tuner onstage as early as 1972. No more backstage tuneups, string changes, etc. He was a multi-millionaire at that point, and that is one of the perks. And nothing has changed since then. Give a watch to It Might Get Loud. Notice how the Edge has his tech there tuning and cleaning and prepping all of his instruments for every song? Page has been living that life for 40 years. To think that Jimmy actually carries his own case, cleans his guitar up, and tunes and replaces his own strings is nonsense. That's what techs and personal assistants are for. And they have been traveling with him for years. After Bonham died, Page even mentioned in an interview that he had to call his tech to retrieve the Les Paul from storage for him, and that the tech had to give him the bad news that the guitar was temporarily missing. That sort of relationship is like Knight to Squire stuff. Golfer to Caddy. Jimmy doesn't carry his own case, someone else does it for him.

Sure, no problem with him selling the brand. But, that's not what I've been talking about. It's the silliness involved here. And yes, a Zeppelin line of clothes would be hilarious.

Sorry to disagree about his playing in 75' as I think this was his best year. Did you ever see them in 75'? My cousin did several times as well as others I know and they all said this was their best tour performance wise. I saw them in 77' and was lucky enough to see them at a brilliant show (Chicago, April 10th Easter Sunday). Sorry to come off as pissy but I do get a bit defensive about Page's playing in 75'. Every reliable source I have heard and seen proves my point on this as well. Earls Court was without a doubt the BEST concerts the band ever did, this from the perspective of most Zeppelin fans.

Archived