Amish, Anyone?

BIGDAN

Why not, what exactly would you miss ... and why would you miss it?

What I miss are enjoyable conversations that last over 5 minutes without interruptions, and conversations centered on the"alive and present", not centered on something seen/heard on or produced by electronic devices/electrical appliances. ...

These are all available in non-electrical versions, and goats would be delighted to help us with lawn mowing and weed wacking, if we'd invite them ... :rolleyes:

Brother Kev,

Well said my dear friend but, and there's always a but, where did it all go wrong?

My guess is that things started going really wrong when we became too dependent and forgot that functionality should be combined with sustainability.

For example, yesterday our 4 year old car (Fiat Idea) left us stranded simply because its battery went dead. It has a clutch, so we thought we could roll-start it like we did our old Fiat Uno (which, in 20 years of constant use, never left us stranded) but we soon found out the "new, improved" car electronics (that had never given any sign of the battery getting weak) do not allow for it. :(

My guess is that things started going really wrong when we became too dependent and forgot that functionality should be combined with sustainability.

For example, yesterday our 4 year old car (Fiat Idea) left us stranded simply because its battery went dead. It has a clutch, so we thought we could roll-start it like we did our old Fiat Uno (which, in 20 years of constant use, never left us stranded) but we soon found out the "new, improved" car electronics (that had never given any sign of the battery getting weak) do not allow for it. :(

Hi 'sweetredwine'

Now you won't get that let down by a horse, unless the old nag goes belly up, then no amount of pushing will get you home, unless you keep a spare in the horse box. :D

Regards, Danny

Now you won't get that let down by a horse, unless the old nag goes belly up, then no amount of pushing will get you home, unless you keep a spare in the horse box. :D

Regards, Danny

Get up you goddamned horse, giddyup !!

34hsyvr.gif

Archived