Amish, Anyone?

BIGDAN

Hi T Y'All,

Me and the wife, Misses BIGDAN, after seeing a documentary on some Amish Boys and Girls, who were on a cultural exchange to England, fell in Love with there Simplistic way of life and would love to sample it. I have a very nice and neat goatee beard, which my wife feels would go half way to me being excepted as a community leader or scholar while she has a bonnet and long cotton dress that i feel would make her be invisible to all but the strictest adherents.

We like simple food like viddles and chips and we don't drink alcohol, hic. Misses BIGDAN has arthritis in her knees so our catholic way of life is now over as she is not allowed to stand or sit when everyone else is kneeling, and as the Amish don't worship God inside a Church we feel that their way would fill our Religious and Social needs. We are not frightened of a little hard work and Misses BIGDAN is as strong as a horse and could easily stand in for one if it needed shoeing, she can pull a cart or wagon over many miles and for many days, she is my Rock.

If you could let us know of any Community that would entertain us we would be much obliged, also if you could give us some clue to where these fcuktards reside it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards, BIGDAN and his Misses.

Hi T Y'All,

Me and the wife, Misses BIGDAN, after seeing a documentary on some Amish Boys and Girls, who were on a cultural exchange to England, fell in Love with there Simplistic way of life and would love to sample it. I have a very nice and neat goatee beard, which my wife feels would go half way to me being excepted as a community leader or scholar while she has a bonnet and long cotton dress that i feel would make her be invisible to all but the strictest adherents.

We like simple food like viddles and chips and we don't drink alcohol, hic. Misses BIGDAN has arthritis in her knees so our catholic way of life is now over as she is not allowed to stand or sit when everyone else is kneeling, and as the Amish don't worship God inside a Church we feel that their way would fill our Religious and Social needs. We are not frightened of a little hard work and Misses BIGDAN is as strong as a horse and could easily stand in for one if it needed shoeing, she can pull a cart or wagon over many miles and for many days, she is my Rock.

If you could let us know of any Community that would entertain us we would be much obliged, also if you could give us some clue to where these fcuktards reside it would be much appreciated.

Hi BIGDAN!

Why don't you and the missus come to Ohio to Holmes County, home of the world's largest population of Amish people?

Holmes County

Ohio's Amish Country

button_1f.gif

Their way of life is so simple: no modern conveniences. No cars, electricity, no internet, no phones. Do you think you could handle it? I could not.

ShadeRoad.jpg

Edited to say: You would allow your wife to do this? LOL

AmishFarmerPlowing.jpg

Here is a nice video. It is a lovely place to visit. And the scenery is very typical of Ohio.

Hi T Y'All,

:D

If Misses Big Dan can cut lawns and paint fences... I'll become as Amish as you'd like ! However, me thinks Misses Big Dan and Misses Ally would rather go for a pedicure :D

Their way of life is so simple: no modern conveniences. No cars, electricity, ...

According to Amish (Wikipedia)

"Electricity is used in some situations when it can be produced without access to outside power lines. Batteries, with their limited applications, are sometimes acceptable. Electric generators may be used for welding, recharging batteries, and powering milk stirrers in many communities. Outdoor electrical appliances such as riding and hand-pushed lawn mowers and string trimmers are used in some communities. Some Amish families have non-electric versions of appliances, such as kerosene-powered refrigerators. Some Old Order Amish districts may allow the use of thermal solar panels. ... Disabled people are allowed to use motorized wheelchairs; electricity is allowed in the home for medical equipment.[52] "

I'm an electrical engineer (actually I've got a degree in it but I've been just a housewife and monk promoter for years now) and know how dangerous electricity can be, in fact it killed the monk that I promote and according to this recent court-ordered study

Electromagnetic waves beamed by Vatican Radio leave residents (especially children) living near the station’s antennas at a higher risk of cancer

and that's not all, electropollution has been linked to many ailments such as diabetes, autoimmune conditions like arthritis, hypothyroidism, fatigue, anxiety, emotional highs and lows, depression, headaches, migraines, allergies, hormonal imbalances, arthritis, hyperactivity, short attention span, frequent colds, and increased susceptibility to recurring illness and infection, etc.

Beautiful video. Looks like the Amish have plentiful refrigeration, something I would find hard to live without. Anybody else notice how healthy and happy the farm animals appear? Wonder why ... B)

Hi T Y'All,

LOL...somehow I think not BIGDAN. I think she would have you doing the backstroke across the Atlantic to get away from the rural life that some of us are fortunate enough to enjoy. It's not for the faint of heart. B)

Hi all,

Follow the hypocrites:

http://www.amish.net/

KB

Who are the hypocrites, the Neaders and Leslie A. Kelly?

Amish.Net The Website

I don't think they're Amish ...

Or do you mean that the Amish are hypocrites because they have friends that they allow to promote their work and tell others about their lifestyle, or something else?

Hypocrite is a dangerous word because - in one form or another, we probably ALL fit into that description... B)

Of course, some are a bit worse than others ;)

Hi BIGDAN!

Why don't you and the missus come to Ohio to Holmes County, home of the world's largest population of Amish people?

Holmes County

Ohio's Amish Country

button_1f.gif

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the info, looks idyllic, where did you get our picture from? ^

Their way of life is so simple: no modern conveniences. No cars, electricity, no internet, no phones. Do you think you could handle it? I could not.

ShadeRoad.jpg

Yes we could handle it, they live a much more worthwhile life than most of us, the only down side is the lack of decent music, i need my Led Zeppelin daily fix, oh yes, and the Religion, as a Devil Worshiper i don't think i would fit in, Misses BIGDAN would though, she is from a long line of Gypsy Travellers and is herself a Gypsy Queen. :D

Edited to say: You would allow your wife to do this? LOL

AmishFarmerPlowing.jpg

I couldn't stop her. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

:D

If Misses Big Dan can cut lawns and paint fences... I'll become as Amish as you'd like ! However, me thinks Misses Big Dan and Misses Ally would rather go for a pedicure :D

Hi Ally,

Misses BIGDAN is a dab hand with a paint brush and DIY in general, so no pedicure for her. :(

Very Kind Regards, Danny

LOL...somehow I think not BIGDAN. I think she would have you doing the backstroke across the Atlantic to get away from the rural life that some of us are fortunate enough to enjoy. It's not for the faint of heart. B)

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

Not so, she would fit in very well, she works the land all through the summer, autumn and half the winter, she can dig a trench with her bare hands so she would definitely not be faint of heart. And the clothes, she already has a wardrobe full of long dresses and white bonnets. :yesnod:

Regards, Danny

Trade ya :D

Only if you send a Photo first, mines a Queen ya know? i don't want a Grizzly Bear mate, i know what some of you Canadians get like in the Winter months. :o:lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Maybe if you throw in a log cabin. ;)

Only if you send a Photo first, mines a Queen ya know? i don't want a Grizzly Bear mate, i know what some of you Canadians get like in the Winter months. :o:lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Maybe if you throw in a log cabin. ;)

No way Dan....the cabin stays :P

Hi 'Tejanablonde'

Not so, she would fit in very well, she works the land all through the summer, autumn and half the winter, she can dig a trench with her bare hands so she would definitely not be faint of heart. And the clothes, she already has a wardrobe full of long dresses and white bonnets. :yesnod:

Regards, Danny

Oh..but what about you? The dresses/bonnets won't work for you. So, what's the plan for you? LOL B)

Hi T Y'All,

Have you tried googling fcuktardville?

No way Dan....the cabin stays :P

Sorry Ally, I'll have to have a Log Cabin, with a back door, you know? just in case Robert drops by. :o:lol:

Misses BIGDAN likes to have a go at all types of DIY, except using power tools, (that's A Real Mans Work) what Misses Ally's forte?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, The only power tool i let her use is me hairdryer, Oh yea, and me lawn mower for her pits. :o:lol:

Ya know....you don't have to go the full Amish route. You could join the MEEENO-nites in Tennessee and still use 'lectricity and drive pickups.

You'd have to paint them black though.

I 'spose some Amish also use 'lectricity, and know about them insects from England ! :lol:

electricamish.jpg

Ya know....you don't have to go the full Amish route. You could join the MEEENO-nites in Tennessee and still use 'lectricity and drive pickups.

You'd have to paint them black though.

I 'spose some Amish also use 'lectricity, and know about them insects from England ! :lol:

electricamish.jpg

You're talking bout them Beakles right? ;)

Regards, Danny

Archived