Was there ever a color changing album sleeve?

MajorHavoc

I seem to remember an album sleeve that changed color (actually the colors appeared) when you got it wet (or licked it).

However, I can't find any info about it!

Did you ever see or hear of such a thing?

Thanks!

:D

In Through The Out Door. There were 6 different covers -- of all them different angles of the same scene; a man sitting at a bar burning at Dear John letter. The outer sleeve was made to look like a brown paper bag, while the inner sleeve was the artwork. There was a brush stroke on each picture and if you applied water to it, it would turn to color.

Awesome! Thank you Electrophile!

My friends thought I was crazy when I told them about it!

In Through The Out Door. There were 6 different covers -- of all them different angles of the same scene; a man sitting at a bar burning at Dear John letter. The outer sleeve was made to look like a brown paper bag, while the inner sleeve was the artwork. There was a brush stroke on each picture and if you applied water to it, it would turn to color.

Hmmmm, yes to all the other answers, In Through The Outdoor came with six different views corresponding with the different people shown in the scenes, however, one part that people have missed is that there were three sleeves to this album, the brown paper outer sleeve, then there was the first inner sleeve with the six different views, and then there was another inner sleeve with what appeared to be black and white dot matrix picture of a bar table top scene, ash tray and a packet of fags and so on, now with this one, also if you brushed over the black dots with a wet brush, the dots were impregnated with colour, it was very similar to kiddies first paint books, I bought or managed to get hold of 4 of the 6 scenes, and on three of the album sets I did colour the inner sleeve, but left one in mint condition, I believe its still in the original plastic wrapper, but I cant be sure as its been years since I was back in the UK.

I seem to remember an album sleeve that changed color (actually the colors appeared) when you got it wet (or licked it).

However, I can't find any info about it!

Did you ever see or hear of such a thing?

Thanks!

:D

I discovered the 'magic painting' while I listened to ITTOD for the second time, and realised it wouldn't sound any better after repeated listenings. And because of this, the inner sleeve was moistened by my falling tears. There's some sad things known to man, but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown.

• 9 years later...

1988 Adelaide, South Australia myself & a fellow music fan were showing off rare vinyl records, like Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon all pink record & the same with album cover on the record. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here with clear transparent record. My friend had Led Zeppelin III on the table & I spilled beer on it. As I wiped the beer up with a cloth - the monochrome album sleeve turned to colour inside & out! A bittersweet moment.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/4/2010 at 7:44 PM, Electrophile said:

THATS SICK

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2010 at 5:44 PM, Electrophile said:

yes and the only one who has that kind of thing on it lmao

• 2 weeks later...