Seattle '77 on the official Zep DVD...

Nutrocker

This thought occurred to me in the "Jimmy's greatest misses" discussion.

Now we all know Jimmy didn't use anything from Seattle on the 2003 DVD, mainly for reasons of sound/video quality. But, let's say the Seattle '77 footage was of the same quality -I'm not talking about the performance- as Earls Court or Knebworth. What do y'all think he might have used on the DVD? Hell, we can go one better: suppose the footage was the Eddie or Badgeholder's show...how do you think Page would have represented '77 on the DVD, aside from the Millard "Song Remains The Same" clip?

I'm thinking "No Quarter" for sure, though it'd probably be edited quite a bit. I'm still surprised that tune never made the cut on the DVD from any era...

It would depend on whether he changed the Knebworth selections as a result, or allowed song duplications. I've always really liked the opening 77 three-hole salvo of TSRTS / Sick Again (which works much better earlier in the set - it seemed a little 'lost' later in the set at Knebworth), and NFBM. Then there's OTHAFA. Then....jeez Jimmy, just tidy it up and release the whole bleedin' show, why doncha? :D

But the first ball out of the hat for me would definitely be Ten Years Gone, regardless of the quality of performance.

It would depend on whether he changed the Knebworth selections as a result, or allowed song duplications. I've always really liked the opening 77 three-hole salvo of TSRTS / Sick Again (which works much better earlier in the set - it seemed a little 'lost' later in the set at Knebworth), and NFBM. Then there's OTHAFA. Then....jeez Jimmy, just tidy it up and release the whole bleedin' show, why doncha? :D

But the first ball out of the hat for me would definitely be Ten Years Gone, regardless of the quality of performance.

Robert totally loses his voice at the end of TYG in Seattle.

Robert totally loses his voice at the end of TYG in Seattle.

Well it's a while since I watched or listened to it - just checked it out again. Mmm, NICE! I've heard him worse. And Jimmy's not so bad either :D

Anyway, things like that don't bother me. It's not all about Robert, after all.

Yes...I think the opening TSRTS/SA and TYG would be easy choices, along with "No Quarter". As magnificent as the Knebworth "Achilles Last Stand" is, I could easily see Page using the Noise Solo (hopefully edited) seguing into "Achilles".

Archived