Robert Interview On 'Daily Comet'

kenog

Thanks, kenog!

I can picture Robert "ducking and weaving" in trying to avoid a Led Zeppelin reunion, as he says, LOL. :D

I also liked the comment that he wishes that Bonzo was around to see/hear this new Band of Joy. Robert says that he feels like/ is reminded of when he was 17. This new project is bringing back memories of his younger days for him, which I think is great!

Thanks for posting the article kenog. This quote from him intrigued me: "I want to go places where I’m amazed. The South is still intoxicating for me, I’m still taking it all in."

He needs to head down the Mississippi and the Achafalaya to Cajun Country and hear some of our music down here. Go to Fred's in Mamou on a Saturday morning and listen to some good Cajun and Zydeco music. It's not that far off from Blue Grass. :)

Anytime you want to come Robert, I'll make sure you "pass a good time, cher." ;)

Thanks for posting the article kenog. This quote from him intrigued me: "I want to go places where I’m amazed. The South is still intoxicating for me, I’m still taking it all in."

He needs to head down the Mississippi and the Achafalaya to Cajun Country and hear some of our music down here. Go to Fred's in Mamou on a Saturday morning and listen to some good Cajun and Zydeco music. It's not that far off from Blue Grass. :)

Anytime you want to come Robert, I'll make sure you "pass a good time, cher." ;)

I think if Robert incorporated zydeco music into his next album or on tour it would work quite well. In fact...

Not exactly sure of the exact year on these. The video post is at least three years old. Possibly during the Strange Sensation tour back in 2005, when they hit N'Awlins". Can any one confirm the dates on these?

He's already done all that, and he's a big fan. B) He's spent a lot of time in both New Orleans and rural La. over the years.

I think if Robert incorporated zydeco music into his next album or on tour it would work quite well. In fact...

Not exactly sure of the exact year on these. The video post is at least three years old. Possibly during the Strange Sensation tour back in 2005, when they hit N'Awlins". Can any one confirm the dates on these?

Totally agree, I can so see him incorporating cajun and zydeco into his music. That thought struck me from the first few songs I heard from "Band of Joy".

That's so funny that you posted him performing with "Lil' Band of Gold". Wish I would have been there. Wonder if it was pre or post-Katrina. Going to see them Thurs. night at The Blue Moon Saloon (a local Lafayette hippie hostel/bar/landmark) for the Saints season opener, they are calling themselves "Lil' Band of (Black &) Gold" these days. Maybe they need to invite Robert back down this way.

He's already done all that, and he's a big fan. B) He's spent a lot of time in both New Orleans and rural La. over the years.

I know he's spent a lot of time in N.O., but cajun country? If he has, he needs to come back, it's been too long. ;) He needs to go to all the little local dives and just absorb the energy and culture. Go to all the festivals we have around here that celebrate our music (and food). Cajun country is a little different from New Orleans, a little more authentic when it comes to cajun and zydeco music. As a resident and local, I'm officially inviting him down. :D

I know he's spent a lot of time in N.O., but cajun country? If he has, he needs to come back, it's been too long. ;) He needs to go to all the little local dives and just absorb the energy and culture. Go to all the festivals we have around here that celebrate our music (and food). Cajun country is a little different from New Orleans, a little more authentic when it comes to cajun and zydeco music. As a resident and local, I'm officially inviting him down. :D

He and Alison played at the Jazz and Heritage festival a couple of years ago.

Archived