Plant interview (CNN)

silvermedalist

Wow, Robert on CNN!

He's got such a sense of humor!

How incredibly rewarding it must be to be able to travel the world and play

with musicians anywhere Not just to play with them but to be able

to groove led zep tunes(like noone else) with any type/style out

there.

I loved the bit about it being a vacation.

When you listen to Robert he sounds the same as always to me. So he could still sing Led zepp material and be great at it if his heart were into it. I only wish his heart were into it.

I feel the same way too...and I know I might seem a coward but I do have this tendency to avoid seeing Robert's fairly recent interviews because the media always seems to be asking him the reunion gig question and Robert just keeps saying no and to be honest, I sometimes feel the tears coming! I do hope Becky didn't ask him about any reunion stuff because we all know what the answer will be! Anyway, this one seems pretty interesting so I'm definitely going to check it out! B)

I feel the same way too...and I know I might seem a coward but I do have this tendency to avoid seeing Robert's fairly recent interviews because the media always seems to be asking him the reunion gig question and Robert just keeps saying no and to be honest, I sometimes feel the tears coming! I do hope Becky didn't ask him about any reunion stuff because we all know what the answer will be! Anyway, this one seems pretty interesting so I'm definitely going to check it out! B)

Im sure these interviews are staged to a degree. ie, they talk before the camera's roll and are told to avoid certain questions that would put him on the spot and disappoint fans like us. You could see the smurky smile she had whenever the words Led zeppelin came up and they didnt come up very much. I wonder if Robert is aware of the amount of fans that would love to see them together again? He must. He is a very smart guy and he must.

Thanks for sharing. Good interview. Like the question about the jeans he wore in "The Song Remains The Same". Funny bit!

He would probably rather forget his shirt catching fire during that same song at the show I was at May 30th 1977. The clip that Sam posted from the Utica boys shows them open and just seconds before it happened.

That was great, thanks for posting SM. I wonder how people knew about the interview ahead of time to send in questions. That lady was beaming lol (and who could blame her? ;) )

EDIT: Hey and speaking of videos, the Memphis press conference (July 12th) seems to have disappeared...

Archived