Pope apologises to Priests' Victims

kenog

Hi all,

"Do any of you think this is too little, too late for those whose lives have been ruined?"

Yes. :huh:

Carry on with your rants,...

KB

Hi Kev, and thanks,

Yes, much too little but never too late.

The best thing that the Catholic Church could do for the benefit of humanity is dissolve itself, there is no need or room in this world for its Dark Age Medieval attitude towards its flock of indoctrinated sheep. Baa.

Regards, Danny

What I think is wrong with the Church is that it tries to hide crimes like this so it doesn't get embarrassed. What they should be doing is removing and excommunicating each and every priest who commits such crimes, instead of hiding them. The Church tries too hard to look perfect IMO. I think that is what has kept me from being a "better" practicing Catholic; why do I need to fully support something that is still kind of weak?

Pontifex Maximus.

Ah right, i get it now, your referring to the Roman High Priest of the College of Pontiffs, nothing at all to do with Christianity, right?

Unless you were referring as well to the title of "Pontiff" that was given to the Pope some hundreds of years later, you are deep I'll give you that.

Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Hi Brother,all,

Hi Kev, and thanks,

Yes, much too little but never too late.

The best thing that the Catholic Church could do for the benefit of humanity is dissolve itself, there is no need or room in this world for its Dark Age Medieval attitude towards its flock of indoctrinated sheep. Baa.

Regards, Danny

Too late.This scandal,excuse me, crime broke out first right here in Boston.Now Bernie Law is comfortable at a chapel in Rome. <_< He ignored crimes and moved these pedophiles about.

The thing that got me is where are the good guys? :unsure: They should have been arrested,not defrocked or asked to leave,...

But no! This Pope and the last one,ignored crimes against children. :angry: Makes ya sick!

KB(recovered)

Hi Brother,all,

Too late.This scandal,excuse me, crime broke out first right here in Boston.Now Bernie Law is comfortable at a chapel in Rome. <_< He ignored crimes and moved these pedophiles about.

The thing that got me is where are the good guys? :unsure: They should have been arrested,not defrocked or asked to leave,...

But no! This Pope and the last one,ignored crimes against children. :angry: Makes ya sick!

KB(recovered)

Hi Kev,

Happened over here as well mate, Irish priest were the main culprits, i remember a priest fiddled with a girl in my class and got sent back to Ireland for doing it, no police involvement at all, and my Misses wonders why i wouldn't send our kids to a Catholic School.

We used to get a Priest called Father Stephen come round to my Nans house once every three months or so on his big Triumph Motor Cycle, my Nan would ask him if he wanted a cup of tea and he always answered with this remark "that would be lovely but i would rather have a drop of the hard stuff" so off i was sent for a half bottle of whisky, still it was overwhelming to see him bless the cat and dog while giving them a saucer of his tea, lovely old codger really, he never laid a hand on any kid i knew, well he was always pissed wasn't he? :lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

So, the Catholic Church is wrong for not having policies that inhibit pedophilia and the Boy Scouts are wrong for having policies that inhibit pedophilia? :huh:

They are male organizations and therefore wrong by default.

Rule #1 The woman is always right.

Rule #2 If you think the woman is wrong, see Rule #1.