Old BBC radio show featuring Jimmy Page

Lee

Thanks for the link. Was the speaker actually interviewing Jimmy or commenting on an interview?

Also at the end of "Tangerine" around 30.00, it sounds as if someone is singing along with Robert on the last " and now a thousand miles between", where he lowers his voice by octaves.

Thanks for the link. Was the speaker actually interviewing Jimmy or commenting on an interview?

Also at the end of "Tangerine" around 30.00, it sounds as if someone is singing along with Robert on the last " and now a thousand miles between", where he lowers his voice by octaves.

I think the speaker was more or less commenting on Jimmy's interview.

when were these interviews -- he sounds sort of young??

Here's a quote from the show:

[...]released last year was the Jimmy Page soundtrack to the film Death Wish II and most recently he was responsible for the album Coda[...]

So the original show was probably broadcasted in early 1983 (Alexis Korner died in 1984) and I'm guessing that the interview was made around that time too.

Programme on Jimmy is one of a series about different guitar players, including the other two Yardbirds and Pete Townshend .

Link will only be up for a week, though....

Thanks for the link- a great listen. Would have liked to hear even more from Jimmy talking (don't need to hear the entire tracks of songs) but very cool nonetheless.

Yes, thank you! I wrote my reaction about 5 minutes into the interview... 55 minutes and 67 intermediate games of minesweeper later, I heard that quote and figured it out hehe :)

Here's a quote from the show:

[...]released last year was the Jimmy Page soundtrack to the film Death Wish II and most recently he was responsible for the album Coda[...]

So the original show was probably broadcasted in early 1983 (Alexis Korner died in 1984) and I'm guessing that the interview was made around that time too.

Archived