Jimmy Page Book has Sold Out!

Magic Fills the Air

Just spoke to Genesis about the signature in the book, just to check that Jimmy has actually signed each edition himself, which he has, and they said the book has now sold out! So glad I've got one coming! :D They also said they are doing everything possible to get the books out to buyers as soon as they can.

Well now we can expect our books' value to raise steadily.

Hello hecube!

Mine will never be sold. It will be left to my son to pass on to his children..and on and on ;)

Edit: Since my son is a Pink Floyd fan, maybe I'll have a grandchild one day to share my Zep passion with!!

For those who wanted Jimmy's book, but missed out, it looks like Johnny Rotten of all people has jumped on the highly priced book bandwagon! Don't all rush to get your credit cards out at once:D

Johnny Rotten publishing pricey book 'for fans'

By: Deidre WengenphillyBurbs.comWhat is it with rock stars and absurdly-priced books these days?

We told you a little while back about how Jimmy Page is publishing a limited-edition photo book that will retail for $685. Now it looks like Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) will be doing something quite similar.

According to Lydon is planning to print just 750 copies of "" that will tell the story of his life and include many never before seen photos of the punk legend (yes, there will be baby photos).

Each book will feature a handwritten note from Lydon as well as a 12-inch vinyl picture disc including spoken word recordings and live Public Image Ltd. recordings from 2009.

Fans can pre-order the book from for the special price of just under $600 (£379). If you wait until the official release in December, the book will cost £449 or roughly $700. Yes, we're serious.

Every book will be numbered and feature a center foldout with Lydon's signature and other doodles.

And if that's not enough to entice you to shill out the money, 100 of the 750 books will contain a special golden ticket. That ticket will get you a 10 minute live web chat with, you guessed it, Johnny Rotten himself.

Will you bite on the high-price book from this Sex Pistols star?

thhttp://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blogs/burbsblogs/book_checked/deidre_wengen_details/article/427/2010/october/22/johnny-rotten-publishing-pricey-book-for-fans.html

Hello hecube!

Mine will never be sold. It will be left to my son to pass on to his children..and on and on ;)

Edit: Since my son is a Pink Floyd fan, maybe I'll have a grandchild one day to share my Zep passion with!!

Hi Deborah

Mine will never be sold either. When it eventually arrives I'm sure it'll be one of my most treasured possessions. I had a dream last week that my house was broken into and the book was stolen! I don't recall anything else being stolen, only the book. :D

For those who wanted Jimmy's book, but missed out, it looks like Johnny Rotten of all people has jumped on the highly priced book bandwagon! Don't all rush to get your credit cards out at once:D

Johnny Rotten publishing pricey book 'for fans'

By: Deidre WengenphillyBurbs.comWhat is it with rock stars and absurdly-priced books these days?

We told you a little while back about how Jimmy Page is publishing a limited-edition photo book that will retail for $685. Now it looks like Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten (John Lydon) will be doing something quite similar.

According to Lydon is planning to print just 750 copies of "" that will tell the story of his life and include many never before seen photos of the punk legend (yes, there will be baby photos).

Each book will feature a handwritten note from Lydon as well as a 12-inch vinyl picture disc including spoken word recordings and live Public Image Ltd. recordings from 2009.

Fans can pre-order the book from for the special price of just under $600 (£379). If you wait until the official release in December, the book will cost £449 or roughly $700. Yes, we're serious.

Every book will be numbered and feature a center foldout with Lydon's signature and other doodles.

And if that's not enough to entice you to shill out the money, 100 of the 750 books will contain a special golden ticket. That ticket will get you a 10 minute live web chat with, you guessed it, Johnny Rotten himself.

Will you bite on the high-price book from this Sex Pistols star?

thhttp://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blogs/burbsblogs/book_checked/deidre_wengen_details/article/427/2010/october/22/johnny-rotten-publishing-pricey-book-for-fans.html

I somehow can't see this selling out. Johnny Rotten isn't quite as photogenic as Jimmy Page.

He appeared on one of those terrible reality TV shows a couple of years ago, and I've seen him advertsing something on TV. He must be desperate for work. He isn't really in the same league as Jimmy.

I somehow can't see this selling out. Johnny Rotten isn't quite as photogenic as Jimmy Page.

He appeared on one of those terrible reality TV shows a couple of years ago, and I've seen him advertsing something on TV. He must be desperate for work. He isn't really in the same league as Jimmy.

Magic,

I was joking when I posted this :D. When I saw the item, I simply couldn't believe that anyone would give that amount of money for a Johnny Rotten pictorial book! The other book which I can't see selling even half a dozen copies, is Ross Halfin's imminent travel book through Genesis Publications. With the way the economy is going in Britain, publishers are going to have to be a bit more careful to whom they give deals.

BTW, I saw your comment regarding the unreadable link on the Mary McCartney book launch thread, and have posted some pictures and info about her book on the thread. LOL

Magic,

I was joking when I posted this :D. When I saw the item, I simply couldn't believe that anyone would give that amount of money for a Johnny Rotten pictorial book! The other book which I can't see selling even half a dozen copies, is Ross Halfin's imminent travel book through Genesis Publications. With the way the economy is going in Britain, publishers are going to have to be a bit more careful to whom they give deals.

BTW, I saw your comment regarding the unreadable link on the Mary McCartney book launch thread, and have posted some pictures and info about her book on the thread. LOL

Hi Kenog, I thought you were joking! I can't see even 10 of these selling, especially, as you say, with the economic situation as it is. He must be insane if he thinks his fans are going to take him seriously and pay this much money for his book after some of the things he's done recently. I can't believe he's included baby pictures (who wants to see them!), and the opportunity to win a web chat with him!

Yes I saw that you'd posted this pictures of the Mary McCartney book launch. Thank you! :)

Hello hecube!

I have no plans of selling mine either. I've been a fan of JP since the mid-80s and I still like to listen to his music even after all these years...

Archived