The Hobbit Leaving New Zealand

Reggie29

Hi All

Peter Jackson is a greedy fat little four eyed troll, he even upset my little boys when he brought out the miniature figures of the first three films of LOTR buy making the prices of them nearly twice as much as any other miniatures of the same size. :o

As most of us of Tolkien Fans would play a part in his films for nothing we have to understand that as Actors it is their bread and butter to be paid for their work. Most of the Major Characters in the LOTRs films got well pain but the little guys who were unknown at the time got peanuts, while Warner Brothers and Mr Jackson walked away with Millions if not Billions. :blush:

Lets face it Mr Jackson couldn't even keep to the scripts of Tolkien, which to Us Tolkien Fans is akin to rewriting the Bible or the Koran, its a fcuking sacrilege. :mad:

Lets hope that common sense wins in the end and I get a part as an Ugly Troll or something, akin to my talents, which are very limited. :D

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny all,

Peter Jackson is a greedy fat little four eyed troll, he even upset my little boys when he brought out the miniature figures of the first three films of LOTR buy making the prices of them nearly twice as much as any other miniatures of the same size. :o

Please my Brother,don't sugar coat your feelings,ok?

First of all,when a film like this is given the -green light-,toys,miniatures,etc,are out of his hands.Also who made them? WETA,spent a lot of time on those.The studio wants a pay back,not only from the films but from the merchantmen Ask George Lucas about that,...

As most of us of Tolkien Fans would play a part in his films for nothing we have to understand that as Actors it is their bread and butter to be paid for their work. Most of the Major Characters in the LOTRs films got well pain but the little guys who were unknown at the time got peanuts, while Warner Brothers and Mr Jackson walked away with Millions if not Billions. :blush:

Many did.See the appendixes of the extended versions for that.Please? :) If it may please you,my Lord,the only *true* International stars of the film where the two Ian's(Bilbo&Gandalf) :D

New Line Cinema gave the major financial backing to make it into 3 films,do ya know? :blink:

The three fiilms at the box office made 1.3 billion USD,not bad for a 300 million dollar investment,...

Lets face it Mr Jackson couldn't even keep to the scripts of Tolkien, which to Us Tolkien Fans is akin to rewriting the Bible or the Koran, its a fcuking sacrilege. :mad:

The Professor,who had said in the an interview,admitted that his BOOK was un-flim-able,...

But I agree,Danny,in an very early interview(see App,in the first extended DVD),he would not put his own stuff in there,He did.His co-writers (Fran(his wife/partner) and Phillpina(sp?) also did.

Lets hope that common sense wins in the end and I get a part as an Ugly Troll or something, akin to my talents, which are very limited. :D

I won't make a comment on unions here,.... <_<

But Danny,you could play the part of Fred,or Burt when the sun comes up as they argue how to cook Bilbo! :lol:

KB

Hi Danny all,

Please my Brother,don't sugar coat your feelings,ok?

First of all,when a film like this is given the -green light-,toys,miniatures,etc,are out of his hands.Also who made them? WETA,spent a lot of time on those.The studio wants a pay back,not only from the films but from the merchantmen Ask George Lucas about that,...

Many did.See the appendixes of the extended versions for that.Please? :) If it may please you,my Lord,the only *true* International stars of the film where the two Ian's(Bilbo&Gandalf) :D

New Line Cinema gave the major financial backing to make it into 3 films,do ya know? :blink:

The three fiilms at the box office made 1.3 billion USD,not bad for a 300 million dollar investment,...

The Professor,who had said in the an interview,admitted that his BOOK was un-flim-able,...

But I agree,Danny,in an very early interview(see App,in the first extended DVD),he would not put his own stuff in there,He did.His co-writers (Fran(his wife/partner) and Phillpina(sp?) also did.

I won't make a comment on unions here,.... <_<

But Danny,you could play the part of Fred,or Burt when the sun comes up as they argue how to cook Bilbo! :lol:

KB

Hi Kev,

How did I know that you would make an appearance in this topic and put me in my place? ;)

Are you saying I could play the part of a Troll because I have the necessary qualities or because I'm BIG, UGLY and STUPID? :o or because you have a fondness for Me as Fiend or something similar? :lol:

Very Kind regards, Danny

PS, I take nothing back about what I called the greedy fat little four eyed troll, I just don't like Him or His kind, never have or will, never, ever, never. :mad:

Hi All

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny

I know what you mean about those figures. My sister was collecting them when the films came out and I remember that ones that were more difficult to come by were selling on ebay for a small fortune. She had a huge collection, but now she's 17 she thinks she's too 'cool' to have them in her bedroom. I nearly broke my neck taking them up my mum's loft for storage! :injured: Although I think George Lucus is worse for merchandising from his films.

I have to confess that I've never actually read Lord of the Rings :blush:. My mum and sister have both read it and, like you, they said the book is much better than the films. But most books are very difficult to convert into films whilst doing the book full justice.

I have the extended editions of Lord of the Rings on DVD and watching the special features you can see how hard Peter Jackson worked on those films. He lost so much weight whilst he was making them (although he did need to lose some weight!) and survived on very little sleep. So you have to give him credit as a director for all the hard work he put into the films.

Magic

Hi all,

Hi Kev,

How did I know that you would make an appearance in this topic and put me in my place? ;)

Are you saying I could play the part of a Troll because I have the necessary qualities or because I'm BIG, UGLY and STUPID? :o or because you have a fondness for Me as Fiend or something similar? :lol:

Very Kind regards, Danny

PS, I take nothing back about what I called the greedy fat little four eyed troll, I just don't like Him or His kind, never have or will, never, ever, never. :mad:

I did?That be a first! :o

No,my brother,you play Bert,I'll play Fred.BIG,UGLY and STUPID,?Says who? <_<

Got that covered mate! :D

Egad!KB

Good news! Looks like "The Hobbit" is staying in NZ afterall! :D

Hobbit to stay in NZ

Prime Minister John Key announced tonight that The Hobbit movies - a $670m project - will be made in New Zealand.

Government ministers - including Economic Development Minister Gerry Brownlee and Arts, Culture and Heritage Minister Chris Finlayson - and Warner Bros executives have been locked in negotiations all day.

Mr Key made the announcement at a press conference this evening. Tomorrow morning he is due to leave for Vietnam for the East Asia Summit.

"I am delighted we have achieved this result, said Mr Key. "Making the two Hobbit movies here will not only safeguard work for thousands of New Zealanders, but it will also follow the success of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy in once again promoting NZ on the world stage."

The Government will introduce legislation tomorrow to clarify the distinction between independent contractors and employees as it relates to the film industry only."The industrial issues that have arisen in the past several weeks have highlighted a significant set of concerns for the way in which the international film industry operates," Mr Key said.

"We will be moving to ensure that New Zealand law in this area is settled to give film producers like Warner Bros the confidence they need to produce their movies in this country.

"This will guarantee the movies are made in New Zealand," he said.

Tax rebates will also be changed for Warner Bros, which will mean up to an extra US$7.5m per movie for Warner Bros, subject to the success of the movies.

The Government and Warner Bros agreed to work together in a "long-term strategic partnership" to promote New Zealand as both a film production and tourism destination," said Mr Key.

"My Government is determined to use the opportunity that the Hobbit movies present to highlight New Zealand as a great place to visit, as well as a great place to do business," he said.

The Government will offset US$10 million of Warner Bros' marketing costs as part of the strategic partnership.

New Zealand will also host one of the world premieres of the Hobbit movies.

"It's good to have the uncertainty over, and to have everyone now full steam ahead on this project," said Mr Key.

- with NZ Herald staff

By Derek Cheng

The New Zealand Herald - Wednesday, 27th October, 2010

Good news! Looks like "The Hobbit" is staying in NZ afterall! :D

Hobbit to stay in NZ

Prime Minister John Key announced tonight that The Hobbit movies - a $670m project - will be made in New Zealand.

Government ministers - including Economic Development Minister Gerry Brownlee and Arts, Culture and Heritage Minister Chris Finlayson - and Warner Bros executives have been locked in negotiations all day.

Mr Key made the announcement at a press conference this evening. Tomorrow morning he is due to leave for Vietnam for the East Asia Summit.

"I am delighted we have achieved this result, said Mr Key. "Making the two Hobbit movies here will not only safeguard work for thousands of New Zealanders, but it will also follow the success of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy in once again promoting NZ on the world stage."

The Government will introduce legislation tomorrow to clarify the distinction between independent contractors and employees as it relates to the film industry only."The industrial issues that have arisen in the past several weeks have highlighted a significant set of concerns for the way in which the international film industry operates," Mr Key said.

"We will be moving to ensure that New Zealand law in this area is settled to give film producers like Warner Bros the confidence they need to produce their movies in this country.

"This will guarantee the movies are made in New Zealand," he said.

Tax rebates will also be changed for Warner Bros, which will mean up to an extra US$7.5m per movie for Warner Bros, subject to the success of the movies.

The Government and Warner Bros agreed to work together in a "long-term strategic partnership" to promote New Zealand as both a film production and tourism destination," said Mr Key.

"My Government is determined to use the opportunity that the Hobbit movies present to highlight New Zealand as a great place to visit, as well as a great place to do business," he said.

The Government will offset US$10 million of Warner Bros' marketing costs as part of the strategic partnership.

New Zealand will also host one of the world premieres of the Hobbit movies.

"It's good to have the uncertainty over, and to have everyone now full steam ahead on this project," said Mr Key.

- with NZ Herald staff

By Derek Cheng

The New Zealand Herald - Wednesday, 27th October, 2010

Hi Kiwi,

Victory for the Little People, in more ways than one hey? :yay:

My Little Ditty

"Hobbits and Workers of the World Unite

With your Blisters and your Sores

To Fight the Fight you Believe to be Right

Overthrow the Thieving Whores"

Emerald by Thin Lizzy

"Down from the glen came the marching men