FRIENDSHIP

BIGDAN

Sounds like some Scotsman asking his friend to get pissed or to hurry up, "Down a Gin, Ally" or even "Danagin, Ally". :drunk:

Very kind Regards, Danny

No my friend, just making light of things. For all their slap happy craziness and thru thick and thin, the Stooges had a bond . Priceless !

My old friend Ralph died a couple years back as a homeless drunk. I'd lost touch with him and I never figured it would happen to him as he was a super intelligent guy.

Also lost touch with my old friend Bob. Last I heard he was on Guam.

In the 90's I did make a lot of new friends when I went to community college.

I miss going there.

To me a real friendship is about respect and caring for one another. Sometimes circumstances can get in the way of our friendships but my experience has taught me that no matter what or who's fault it is, real friendship survives those moments and usually grows into something even better than it was. Always leave the door open to old and new alike. Sometimes our best friends are people we disagree with on topics like politics, religion and a number of other trivial aspects of life but ultimately, true friends are there for each other. Even if that means being on the receiving end of a boot up the arse. It just means we care and expect more from each other. I've been lucky to have had some great friends in my life time. Many are no longer with us and I miss them dearly. For the ones that are still banging about, I love each and everyone of them and thank them for putting so much joy into my life. I hope they can say the same for me

BTW, Mrs Ally has been my best friend for 35yrs. I know she feels the same about me cause during that time I've had many a boot up the arse from her...she just cares :lol:

That is one of the nicest posts I have ever read on here. Honestly.

My old friend Ralph died a couple years back as a homeless drunk. I'd lost touch with him and I never figured it would happen to him as he was a super intelligent guy.

As strange as it sounds, the more intelligent one is, the harder it becomes to fit in. Sorry to hear about that.

As strange as it sounds, the more intelligent one is, the harder it becomes to fit in. Sorry to hear about that.

That's a great reflection on those who not only fit in, but genuinely want to. It's so important to be wanted, to fit in, to be well liked by those around you. Then you realize you really don't want to be "in". However, that's only if you're smart enough to recognize it. B)

That's a great reflection on those who not only fit in, but genuinely want to. It's so important to be wanted, to fit in, to be well liked by those around you. Then you realize you really don't want to be "in". However, that's only if you're smart enough to recognize it. B)

:thumbsup: Very true, yet you don't want to end up being drunk and living on the street either. The fine art of learning to survive in a stupid world, lol.

I should add something about friendship to that since it is the topic at hand. I would say a good quality would be being more concerned about being a good friend than having a good friend.

Archived