Led Zeppelin Retro Ads

Conneyfogle

Story is that while Zeppelin was in Japan, Greco, a guitar company decided to take advantage of this by advertising their LP-copies in the official program(?), fooling people into thinking that Jimmy was playing Greco's. This led to Plant saying at one of their concerts that "Jimmy Page no use Greco". I believe this was in Osaka but I am not sure, I'm not really sure if that ad was in the programs or just a poster either. :rolleyes:

Also at one of the press conferences someone from Greco threw Jimmy one of their guitars, true guerilla-advertising! This is why he looks mad in the second pic.

JP-w-Greco.jpg

1972-09-30_Tokyo_01.jpg

I'm not 100% if I told that correctly, but I believe the basics are right.

And Conneyfogle, I love your work, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Story is that while Zeppelin was in Japan, Greco, a guitar company decided to take advantage of this by advertising their LP-copies in the official program(?), fooling people into thinking that Jimmy was playing Greco's. This led to Plant saying at one of their concerts that "Jimmy Page no use Greco". I believe this was in Osaka but I am not sure, I'm not really sure if that ad was in the programs or just a poster either. :rolleyes:

Also at one of the press conferences someone from Greco threw Jimmy one of their guitars, true guerilla-advertising! This is why he looks mad in the second pic.

JP-w-Greco.jpg

1972-09-30_Tokyo_01.jpg

I'm not 100% if I told that correctly, but I believe the basics are right.

And Conneyfogle, I love your work, keep it up!

Great stuff, thanx for the info, the original ad I have is black & White, I think it's a magazine ad

• 1 month later...

Archived