LINDA MCCARTNEY PHOTO MEMOIR

kenog

This is sourced from the January 2011 edition of UK Vogue. There is a book, as yet untitled, due out in April 2011 of Linda McCartney's candid photographs of her family and friends - include a couple of Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Warren Beatty. The book will be available in a number of options, including an Art Edition, limited to 125 numbered copies signed by Paul McCartney and including a print of him and his horse: Paul and James, Scotland 1984.

I believe there was a Linda McCartney book published by Taschen in the US in 2010 - http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/threadny/THREAD-Stella-McCartney-Taschen-Celebrate-Linda-McCartney-the-Photographer-90354799.html. I don't know if it is the same book, and it is now being published for the UK market.

I like Taschen's books - their ordinary editions are affordable, but having looked at their website, the Art Editions seem to come in at around £1,250 :o .

Thanks for posting this Kenog. This sounds exciting - a big Linda McCartney fan here! :D I would absolutely love a copy of the art edition signed by Paul, but sadly it's way out of my price range. Jimmy book looks cheap in comparison! I would be interested in buying the 'ordinary' edition depending on the price tag.

Thanks for posting this Kenog. This sounds exciting - a big Linda McCartney fan here! :D I would absolutely love a copy of the art edition signed by Paul, but sadly it's way out of my price range. Jimmy book looks cheap in comparison! I would be interested in buying the 'ordinary' edition depending on the price tag.

Magic,

Don't take my word for the price of the volume - I'm basing my estimate on the prices of other signed Art Editions on Taschen's site. What I like about Taschen is that their 'ordinary' editions are affordable (have a look at their website, they tend to be priced as low as £24), whereas Genesis Publications books can be out the price range of many people.

Regarding LInda McCartney, the older I've got, the more I have learned to appreciate her and her lifelong campaign to protect animals' rights. She was certainly classier than a lot of women who consort with rock stars. I think its great that Sir Paul has continued to honour her memory.:wave:

This is sourced from the January 2011 edition of UK Vogue. There is a book, as yet untitled, due out in April 2011 of Linda McCartney's candid photographs of her family and friends - include a couple of Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Warren Beatty. The book will be available in a number of options, including an Art Edition, limited to 125 numbered copies signed by Paul McCartney and including a print of him and his horse: Paul and James, Scotland 1984.

I thought James was his son? :unsure:

I thought James was his son? :unsure:

I quoted the article out of the magazine, and that is what it said. Yes, his son is called James. I don't know if he kept a horse of the same name :unsure:. I do know PMcC had a horse called Cinnamon. Perhaps the journalist made a mistake. :)

Archived