Hello!

missytootsweet

Hello. I recently started listening to my old record albums. That's when I realized how much I miss the good music I listened to as a teen/young adult. For me Led Zeppelin would top the list.

Favorite song: The Rain Song. Favorite album: Houses of the Holy. Only Zep concert I ever attended: June 3rd 77 Tampa. Rained out with no reschedule.

Thanks for accepting my membership! missy

Hello. I recently started listening to my old record albums. That's when I realized how much I miss the good music I listened to as a teen/young adult. For me Led Zeppelin would top the list.

Favorite song: The Rain Song. Favorite album: Houses of the Holy. Only Zep concert I ever attended: June 3rd 77 Tampa. Rained out with no reschedule.

Thanks for accepting my membership! missy

Thats unfortunate.and hello.

Hi ally and leddy! Nice to meet you.

leddy, I look back at the '77 concert as the glass being half full. I mean, at least I got to see the band onstage live even if it was from the middle of a field and they had to leave after a couple of songs. I had been waiting since '73 when I became a fan for them to come back to Tampa, so it's still overall a very fond memory.

leddy or ally, can I ask you 2 questions on this thread as I don't want to bother the moderator and can't find the answers in the FAQ's?

First, why do some members get the title "Zep Head" under their name? Does that happen automatically when you reach a certain post level?

Second, I tried to pull part of a quote in a reply earlier but when using the [] [/] method it only puts it in a generic quote box. How do I pull the quote down where it displays the posters name, time, etc. like a header and even shows bullet points etc. Is there an icon? I'm not especially computer savvy so thanks very much for any help. :) missy

^ Hi Missy! :wave:

Welcome aboard! :D

I can help you with your question about member titles if you like. To my knowledge, once a member reaches a post count of about 100 posts, they automatically get the title "Zep Head". There is also this pretty cool feature where if you don't like to have the member title "Zep Head", you can always change it to something which you like. But this feature is available only to the folks with a post count of a 100 or more. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers!

Kiwi.

Hi ally and leddy! Nice to meet you.

leddy, I look back at the '77 concert as the glass being half full. I mean, at least I got to see the band onstage live even if it was from the middle of a field and they had to leave after a couple of songs. I had been waiting since '73 when I became a fan for them to come back to Tampa, so it's still overall a very fond memory.

leddy or ally, can I ask you 2 questions on this thread as I don't want to bother the moderator and can't find the answers in the FAQ's?

First, why do some members get the title "Zep Head" under their name? Does that happen automatically when you reach a certain post level?

Second, I tried to pull part of a quote in a reply earlier but when using the [] [/] method it only puts it in a generic quote box. How do I pull the quote down where it displays the posters name, time, etc. like a header and even shows bullet points etc. Is there an icon? I'm not especially computer savvy so thanks very much for any help. :) missy

Hi if you mean like have done above ?? ^^^^^^ ? then all you do is click reply under the post you want to reply too. I am not the brightest bulb in the cuboard on here lol and have only just come back on here after a layoff to see whats the crack here.

Great you at least got to see them in their original form even if it was for a few songs. More than I did, having missed out seing them by a year but have explained on here many times/ Did go to the O2 in 2007 so thats cool :), have fun on here, a good few years ago this was a vibrant community, then war was unleashed and many left or banned.

Anyway hope I haven't put you off as it s fun to talk Zep and any other band on here, nice to talk of the past, or I tend to do that like an old codger :).

" Anyway hope I haven't put you off as it s fun to talk Zep and any other band on here, nice to talk of the past, or I tend to do that like an old codger."

leddy, I have to laugh because I feel like an old lady myself at times, especially when my kids tell me that they think 30 seconds to Mars, Venus or wherever sounds better than any "old" seventies group.

Also, I tried to find an equivalent for the word "codger", and discovered it's a reference to males only, English origin. So, I learned something new today about vocabulary. I love the English language. My Mom is a lifelong Anglophile (family tree and all) so I have grown up hearing whenever anyhing happens in the Royal Family. It must be nice to be able to just get in your car and cruise into London anytime, right? I would love that! Sorry got a little off topic.....

I can only imagine the joy of seeing the band perform at O2. I really do wish they would come out with an official dvd because I'm tired of going to you-tube to watch. I want to pop something into my giant flat screen, know what I mean?

I really hope you'll hang around this site again. missy

I'm going to use one more post to see if I can get the pull down quote thing to work...fingers crossed. :unsure:

leddy, I have to laugh because I feel like an old lady myself at times, especially when my kids tell me that they think 30 seconds to Mars, Venus or wherever sounds better than any "old" seventies group.

Also, I tried to find an equivalent for the word "codger", and discovered it's a reference to males only, English origin. So, I learned something new today about vocabulary. I love the English language. My Mom is a lifelong Anglophile (family tree and all) so I have grown up hearing whenever anyhing happens in the Royal Family. It must be nice to be able to just get in your car and cruise into London anytime, right? I would love that! Sorry got a little off topic.....

I can only imagine the joy of seeing the band perform at O2. I really do wish they would come out with an official dvd because I'm tired of going to you-tube to watch. I want to pop something into my giant flat screen, know what I mean?

I really hope you'll hang around this site again. missy

I'm going to use one more post to see if I can get the pull down quote thing to work...fingers crossed. :unsure:

Well I live about 1 hr 50 mins from London, but yes have driven through and too many times, although you cannot cruise through it, its a all for yourself there when drivng alongside those red buses and black cabs :))

^ Hi Missy! :wave:

Welcome aboard! :D

I can help you with your question about member titles if you like. To my knowledge, once a member reaches a post count of about 100 posts, they automatically get the title "Zep Head". There is also this pretty cool feature where if you don't like to have the member title "Zep Head", you can always change it to something which you like. But this feature is available only to the folks with a post count of a 100 or more. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers!

Kiwi.

Hi kiwi :wave:

Thanks for the welcome and the information about the ZepHeads. I figured it was probably related to post count or length of membership, along those lines.

I hope you won't mind being my test subject for figuring out if I did this pull down quote right.

leddy told me how to do it, so now I'm going to see if it works.

Anyhow, again nice to meet you! missy

Hi kiwi :wave:

Thanks for the welcome and the information about the ZepHeads. I figured it was probably related to post count or length of membership, along those lines.

I hope you won't mind being my test subject for figuring out if I did this pull down quote right.

leddy told me how to do it, so now I'm going to see if it works.

Anyhow, again nice to meet you! missy

Hi Missy! :D

You're very welcome! :D I always love to help the new members out! :D

And yep! You did absolutely the right thing with the pull down quote! Just hit the reply button located directly below the post to which you wish to reply and there you go! :D

And thank you so much for the friend request! Much appreciated! :D

Looking forward to having many awesome conversations with you!

Cheers! :beer:

Kiwi.

Hello again!

Okay, I promise this is my last technical computer site question. Once again, I can't figure something out on my own.

If one of you would be kind enough to go to the Led Zeppelin Master Forum and find the You Tube thread (I think it's the second one down), you will see how I don't have a clue. Now, I am wondering if where it says "Click to attach files" if I need to click that before I hit "Preview Post" or "Add Reply"? And I also wonder if I should click on the green + circle which says "click to configure post options".

I really want to learn how to do things correctly (such as post a YouTube video) so I can actually start contributing to conversations about the band and music. The little stuff is making me crazy ....but this is the last time I promise..... I think. I hope. ;) missy

P.S. I just checked because I have 2 monitors up and you know what? The link I copied doesn't even work when you click on it! :o You get the IE "cannot display the webpage".

Led Zeppelin "Ten Years Gone"

".......did it feel so good?"...... Robert Plant

Link copy/paste from the you tube live version of the song 410,972 hits.

Maybe I copy/pasted wrong.

Guys/Gals I got it! Got a tip over on the master forum. I got not one, but 2 other videos up,-- including the one I was trying to post last night. All that's left is to edit this post right.....no bets please.

Yes, you knew it was too good to be true......another glitch with the site (or likely glitch with me lol.)

ally, leddy or kiwi or anybody who can help please....when I tried to send a personal message (PM) to a member I got this as soon as I hit submit.

"The member xxxxxx cannot receive any new messages"

Is that by the members choice/parameters they set up for their own account, or have they maxed out on their message allotment? It's kind of a confusing way to put it

Thanks very much! missy.

Yes, you knew it was too good to be true......another glitch with the site (or likely glitch with me lol.)

ally, leddy or kiwi or anybody who can help please....when I tried to send a personal message (PM) to a member I got this as soon as I hit submit.

"The member xxxxxx cannot receive any new messages"

Is that by the members choice/parameters they set up for their own account, or have they maxed out on their message allotment? It's kind of a confusing way to put it

Thanks very much! missy.

Prob means xxxxxxx needs to delete some post as they have reached maximum limit for yours to arrive.

I have never lnked a you tube vid so maybe you should start topic on the random thread saying help with linking you tube clips as you might not get alot looking in here under the title hello..hope that helps.

Update, have pm a friend on here to come to this topic and explain the link process for vids, I can upload pics but not ever done the vids.

Prob means xxxxxxx needs to delete some post as they have reached maximum limit for yours to arrive.

I have never lnked a you tube vid so maybe you should start topic on the random thread saying help with linking you tube clips as you might not get alot looking in here under the title hello..hope that helps.

Update, have pm a friend on here to come to this topic and explain the link process for vids, I can upload pics but not ever done the vids.

Hello mate, missy. Where you type "img" for a pic at the start and end of the link, just change that to "media" for a youtube video. :)

Hello mate, missy. Where you type "img" for a pic at the start and end of the link, just change that to "media" for a youtube video. :)

Thanks mate for that, we have learned something :)...Who you playing in the Cup this w.e ??

Thanks mate for that, we have learned something :)...

No worries mate.

Who you playing in the Cup this w.e ??

Ha, you know now. It's on ITV1 now, 12.45 kick off.

No worries mate.

Ha, you know now. It's on ITV1 now, 12.45 kick off.

yeh I got itv playing from there website, its its on in the corner with the radio 5 com lol, always listen to the radio when they have games on...good station,

• 2 months later...

HI, I'm also from the frozen tundra Sunshine State. I've been on various message boards including the original led-zeppelin.com. This looks like a nice place to check out and meet many new friends. It's probably in another thread but is there going to be a Led Zeppelin.com meetup at the Band of Joy Wanee music fest here next month? If so I look forward to meeting as many of you live, it's going to be a killer show. Has anyone thought of a live chat room where we can play various Zep music back and forth and party? If not, I'll be happy to start one.

HI, I'm also from the frozen tundra Sunshine State. I've been on various message boards including the original led-zeppelin.com. This looks like a nice place to check out and meet many new friends. It's probably in another thread but is there going to be a Led Zeppelin.com meetup at the Band of Joy Wanee music fest here next month? If so I look forward to meeting as many of you live, it's going to be a killer show. Has anyone thought of a live chat room where we can play various Zep music back and forth and party? If not, I'll be happy to start one.

So very glad to see you hear old friend:) Would love the chat thing. Hope you've been well....

Hi ThorQuest,nice to see you.

And greetings to missy,the thread starter.

Archived