GOD, just who the fcuk is He/She?

BIGDAN

I think that there is a supreme being that is there. I stand at an ocean and I am amazed at how the waves just know when to stop and go back into the ocean. I see a universe through a telescope and see the awe and beauty. I see the good in people, the beauty of a majestic mountain, the glory of a magnificent sunrise or sunset and I know that there is something so amazing in control of all of this IMHO.

:goodpost:

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for sharing that very moving story with us. Your mum certainly sounds like a very determined and inspirational lady. ;)

Religious people will probably tell you that it was God that saved her in that accident. Not that many people survive head-on collisions. And that it was God that gave her the strength to walk again. Like you though, I believe that it was her own strength and determination, and the love and support of her daughter, that made her recover.

Magic

Thank you, Magic.

And believe it or not, if anyone asks me who my role model is, I reply without any hesitation that it is my mom :D I really don't believe in role models as such but I think I'll make an exception in my mom's case! :D I am lucky to have such an inspirational person in my midst! :wub:

And yes, many people have told me how thankful I should be and that it was "God"'s will she made it through that! :rolleyes: If it had been up to this God person, that accident would never have happened, damn it! I was even told by some folks including my grandmom that I was destined for "the hot place" with that sort of attitude. When the old bat said that, my reply was something like this smiley : :hysterical:

Easy answer for me:

I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.

Easy answer for me:

I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.

Hi Doc,

Where did you get soliloquy?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Doc,

Where did you get soliloquy?

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi BIGDAN!

That is the "Nicene Creed" which is the profession of Christian faith said at Catholic mass. It is common in all Christian churches/denominations in some form or other. It comes from the Council at Constantinople in the year 381.

As a practicing Catholic, I am a true believer of it.

There are just certain mysteries of faith that you must accept without proof as they can never be proved or disproved. You either believe or don't believe. "God" is one of them.

More info

Hi BIGDAN!

That is the "Nicene Creed" which is the profession of Christian faith said at Catholic mass. It is common in all Christian churches/denominations in some form or other. It comes from the Council at Constantinople in the year 381.

As a practicing Catholic, I am a true believer of it.

There are just certain mysteries of faith that you must accept without proof as they can never be proved or disproved. You either believe or don't believe. "God" is one of them.

More info

Good for you Doc, you stand up for what you believe in, Faith? many here are a little short on that, me included, I tend to believe in "Good" rather than "God" but will I be asking Jesus to make up my dying bed when the time comes? now there's a question hey?

Kind Regards, Danny

Kiwi, you will be dammed to eternal damnation in the bowels of Hell for that, I'll see you down there then, very entertaining for sure.

Kind Regards, Danny

LOL! Thank you! :lol: Like Freddie Mercury once said in a 1985 interview, when asked whether he would like to go to "Heaven" or "Hell", his reply was "Definitely, "Hell" my dear. It is such an interesting place with so many fascinating people" :lol:

LOL! Thank you! :lol: Like Freddie Mercury once said in a 1985 interview, when asked whether he would like to go to "Heaven" or "Hell", his reply was "Definitely, "Hell" my dear. It is such an interesting place with so many fascinating people" :lol:

OK, You so gotta give me details of that interesting little interview! Freddie sure knew how to speak his mind! ;)

Archived