Cussing, where?

jayjay96

Hi,

I'm just curious, does anybody know in which songs that zeppelin has "curse" words. I only found 1 to my knowledge. I found "Hots on for Nowhere", they say "I've got friends who will give me f-c-k al".

Do you know of any others?

That goes to show you the great talent they have. They are the gods of lyricism.

Just curious.

Thanks,

J

Hi,

I'm just curious, does anybody know in which songs that zeppelin has "curse" words. I only found 1 to my knowledge. I found "Hots on for Nowhere", they say "I've got friends who will give me f-c-k al".

Do you know of any others?

That goes to show you the great talent they have. They are the gods of lyricism.

"Gods of lyricism"? Seriously, just because you can't find a bunch of curse words in the lyrics of their music? A lack of cursing doesn't make them "Gods of lyricism" any more than it makes someone like Richard Pryor or Lenny Bruce less innovative as comedians because of their use of curse words. It's how they used them that made them groundbreaking. Zeppelin aren't exactly mentioned amongst the ranks of Dylan and Townes Van Zandt when it comes to their lyrics to start with, they're more known for their music.

The beginning of Friends, its in the backround, but still. I think bonham can be heard on another song ( maybe that one) and In Hots On For Nowhere Im pretty sure he says "fluk" and I cant believe i forgot but Jimmy Page does curse in one

I think your speaking of the Fool In The Rain drum take. He says something like "F-ck-ng out!!" (something like that) then Plant yells "What the hells going on?"

Hi all,

Let's treat the newbies nice? :rolleyes:

KB

Where has anyone been rude? And, just because someone may only have a few posts (or even be posting in the "Newbie" section of the board) doesn't necessarily mean they're new to Led Zeppelin. Personally, I don't think a lack of cursing in Led Zeppelin's lyrics means they're the "Gods of lyricism" so I'm going to say so, whether the poster is new to Led Zeppelin or not.

Plant says "fluck" to get passed the lyric company. Similar happenings erm..happened on Houses Of The Holy with "for it's hell I'm headed for." when the album said "...for the high hopes hailla ball."

And when he says "shep" on Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is it supposed to be "shit"?

No. The actual lyric is "Ain't no Old Shep gonna happen again." "Old Shep" was a country song about a dog that got old and sick and ended up being put out of its misery by its owner. What Robert is saying is that when his dog gets old and blind, Robert won't let the dog be put to sleep!

Plant says "fluck" to get passed the lyric company. Similar happenings erm..happened on Houses Of The Holy with "for it's hell I'm headed for." when the album said "...for the high hopes hailla ball."

And when he says "shep" on Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is it supposed to be "shit"?

But that's not what he says. :blink:

Archived