Rock on the radio

Janet

I don't know about other parts of the world, but here in the Chicago two "classic" rock stations have shifted to 60s-70s-80s pop. It was bad enough listening to the same Rolling Stones, Doors, AC/DC hits, now we get Kansas, Bob Seger, etc. No more metal or punk!

Who thinks up these formats? Can I get Pandora in my car?

I don't know about other parts of the world, but here in the Chicago two "classic" rock stations have shifted to 60s-70s-80s pop. It was bad enough listening to the same Rolling Stones, Doors, AC/DC hits, now we get Kansas, Bob Seger, etc. No more metal or punk!

Who thinks up these formats? Can I get Pandora in my car?

I know of some folks that use their iPhone apps to listen to Pandora and various other online music outlets in their vehicles. I haven't gone that route yet but other than a few stations, I don't really listen to much terrestrial radio these days. Fortunately, where I am, I can tune into several college stations that play a wide variety of music. In addition to that, I have XM satellite radio. At home I listen to several different radio stations using iTunes. Lately, it's mainly KEXP out of Seattle but that station is just the tip of the iceberg since you have the option of listening to thousands of stations from around the globe.

Archived